Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help!!!
Unregistered 09:28 PM 05-01-2012
I was wondering if I can still work in a daycare center since I have a criminal record?
Michael 01:32 AM 05-02-2012
That would depend on the crime and your state's licensing standards: https://www.daycare.com/states.html
MarinaVanessa 08:10 AM 05-02-2012
Yes, what Michael says. Depending on your state and what their regulations are you may be able to still get a job in childcare. In CA for example there is no way that you can get a job in childcare if you have ever been convicted of child abuse, neglect or a sex crime (child or adult).

You might be able to get a job if you have a minor drug charge if it was a long time ago and it was not a huge crime. In many cases where it's a minor crime they are considered on a case by case basis however felonies are pretty hard to argue. Not saying that you wouldn'e be considered but I am saying that you'll have a hard time making your plea, for example if you had a felony theft charge for something like grand theft that happened 10 or more years ago and you have never been arrested since then and the crime happened when you were in your early 20's then you can probably prove a good point.

Unfortunately you do have to think about the economy and about how many people are searching for jobs. I'm not trying to disuade you or rain on your parade I just want to keep in mind that if a facility has a job opening and many applicants for the position they will probably consider those without any crimes on their records before they considers those applications with them KWIM?
Tags:criminal record
Reply Up