Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Overwhelmed When Doing Projects
Lil'DinoEggs 12:38 PM 12-15-2013
I have a very relaxed schedule the next three weeks. I plan on doing a few projects: reading and math sheets for DD, felt books, planning my new consultant business.

however, whenever I start something, I start to feel overwhelmed. At first, I am am blocked, then I am have a ton of ideas and then I need to sort these ideas, then two hours have passed and I haven't done anything.

I have always been this way and will go into my personal craft projects and chores. I have gotten better of the years using techniques like giving myself only 15 min to clean, and I am working on a difficult cross stitch which is taking my over a year to complete but I just try to focus on working on one strand at a time. But I have yet to come up with a technique for work.

Any suggestions on how to organize my thoughts or to stay focused?
TheGoodLife 03:06 PM 12-15-2013
Originally Posted by Lil'DinoEggs:
I have a very relaxed schedule the next three weeks. I plan on doing a few projects: reading and math sheets for DD, felt books, planning my new consultant business.

however, whenever I start something, I start to feel overwhelmed. At first, I am am blocked, then I am have a ton of ideas and then I need to sort these ideas, then two hours have passed and I haven't done anything.

I have always been this way and will go into my personal craft projects and chores. I have gotten better of the years using techniques like giving myself only 15 min to clean, and I am working on a difficult cross stitch which is taking my over a year to complete but I just try to focus on working on one strand at a time. But I have yet to come up with a technique for work.

Any suggestions on how to organize my thoughts or to stay focused?
I am the same way It is so frustrating, and has gotten worse lately (I don't remember this when I was younger!) Frustrates myself and my husband!
cheerfuldom 06:20 AM 12-16-2013
Making lists. I keep a notebook with me almost all the time and right down things as soon as I remember it. I have a list to do just for the day, projects that can be done in small increments that I work on daily, and the last list is projects that I mean to do and dont want to forget. At the end of the day, I make a new daily list for the next day. I also have a big calendar on the wall for all other appointments and events so I dont usually forget anything. Dont rely on remembering things on your own. Checklists are magical for busy moms!
Lil'DinoEggs 12:17 PM 12-16-2013
My problem with lists is that I write them down, but then I lose it!

you are right though and today I am going to get a basket and it will be my designated place for my notebook and extra pens and post its. My goodness I love post its.

I did make three toddler busy bags yesterday, yeah! of course the toddlers wanted nothing to do with them, but the two preschoolers had a blast!
itlw8 12:42 PM 12-16-2013
get a small note pad or note card and put the list in your pocket.
cheerfuldom 07:33 PM 12-16-2013
Originally Posted by Lil'DinoEggs:
My problem with lists is that I write them down, but then I lose it!

you are right though and today I am going to get a basket and it will be my designated place for my notebook and extra pens and post its. My goodness I love post its.

I did make three toddler busy bags yesterday, yeah! of course the toddlers wanted nothing to do with them, but the two preschoolers had a blast!
spiral notebooks are your friend.
laceylmm 10:11 PM 12-16-2013
This is me! And forget about me actually picking a project from pinterest! HOURS WASTED! I over analyze every project/material...it makes me really not want to do projects at all.
Reply Up