Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Don't Daycare Publish Price Lists on The Internet?
Myst_Seattle 09:13 PM 09-23-2019
Looking at websites of daycares one can notice a peculiar pattern - almost none of them ever publish their prices online. This seems strange as presumably this way they'd be able to filter out applicants who find the pricing too expensive.

Is there a reason for this business practice?
CalCare 11:49 PM 09-23-2019
Well, speaking only for myself, I don't post prices because they will eventually change and I have no intention of dealing with updating my website 😄

I don't post them in ads because my rates are a little too complicated for putting in a short ad.
Cat Herder 04:50 AM 09-24-2019
I do post my rates. Makes a great filter so I don't have to deal with bargaining. One rate for all.

Some don't for the opposite reason. They feel the client out before quoting a price. Some clients they quote higher (maybe they came from a higher-priced provider), some lower (maybe they had a bad life circumstance they did not create themselves), and some use adjustable rates for hours needed.
Ariana 05:35 AM 09-24-2019
It might be because pricing lists are complicated based on your needs so they don’t bother to list them. It could be that they want a client to see their space or get to know the provider first before quoting them the price. I know that I have had a few people tell me I am on the expensive side if they ask upfront but then when they meet me they make it work all of a sudden.
Blackcat31 06:27 AM 09-24-2019
I don't out right list mine on my website because it's honestly very specific for each family. Depending on several factors their rate differs from a standard one set daily or weekly rate so it would really be impossible to list.

I do state on my website that "Rates are competitive with area programs and can be tailored to fit each family's individual needs"

However I will share mine if a client calls and asks (how they ask and in what context tells me alot) but I have no issues discussing and explaining my rate structure to potential clients.
Blackcat31 06:28 AM 09-24-2019
Also here's an article Tom Copeland wrote awhile back about rates over the phone. Not the same as listing them on a website but it still offers valuable insight to the question

http://tomcopelandblog.com/should-yo...er-the-phone-1
Tags:advertising rates, posting rates, rates
Reply Up