Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleepless in America
childcaremom 04:49 AM 11-26-2015
So i am reading this book, as per BC's suggestion, and what an eye opener.

We know the benefits of proper rest, we know the benefits of a schedule, we know what happens to behaviour when this is disrupted. This book explains it so perfectly! I am making notes as I read to share with my parents.

It is easy to read and probably at your local library. I am recommending it to ALL of my parents.

Thank you BC
Ariana 06:21 AM 11-26-2015
ooooooh! will have to look into it!
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 11-26-2015
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/00607...ess+in+america

I've been pushing this book for years now!

I can not say enough how helpful this book was and how it changed my views on sleep and it's connection to literally every negative and/or tough behavior we as providers (and parents) deal with!

@childcaremom: I'm sooo glad you are reading it and seeing firsthand what I mean!
Josiegirl 07:17 AM 11-26-2015
I will definitely be inquiring at my library to see if they have it!!! Thanks for recommending it!
childcaremom 12:52 PM 11-26-2015
I finished it during naptime!

It has a ton of suggestions and ideas and is presented in such a positive way. Addresses so many issues and concerns.
Hunni Bee 04:44 PM 11-27-2015
I will most certainly be finding and reading that.

My 2-year-old being awake for 14-16 hours a day and spending half of that time moaning and crawling along the floor in exhaustion but REFUSING to sleep is about to send both of us to the loony bin
Josiegirl 03:46 PM 11-30-2015
I've ordered it through Paperbackswap so it'll take a week or 2 to get it. I cannot wait!!! And will definitely be sharing with some of my dcps. A lot of these kiddos are definitely sleep deprived.
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
So i am reading this book, as per BC's suggestion, and what an eye opener.

We know the benefits of proper rest, we know the benefits of a schedule, we know what happens to behaviour when this is disrupted. This book explains it so perfectly! I am making notes as I read to share with my parents.

It is easy to read and probably at your local library. I am recommending it to ALL of my parents.

Thank you BC
The author has a blog! ...and a website full of tons of good tips, advice and other stuff that is useful!

I just accidentally stumbled across it so I thought I'd share

http://parentchildhelp.com/index.cfm
daycarediva 11:19 AM 12-30-2015
I LOVE this book! I have loaned it out to parents struggling with bedtime issues. 2/3 loved it. The 3rd thought it was hogwash, and her child is still falling asleep in class (SA now)
Brittany 02:44 PM 12-31-2015
Thanks I can't wait to check out the book, and the blog! Love great resources like this!
Tags:book suggestions
Reply Up