Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Patience is a Virtue
ChelseaB 06:59 PM 10-21-2015
It is in this job that I perhaps discovered how true this statement and title is!

Despite my horrible DCM that I have mostly cut off, I have held my head high and pushed through. I provided her chances that would Still be abiding by my policies and stuck to them. She hasn't been bringing DCG to me regularly anymore, and I have been sorely tempted to term her entirely and wash my hands of the situation. However, I think I have broken her down enough that she'll either come back under my conditions or not at all. Both of which I am fine with. If she remains a drop in, she knows what that entails and will abide by it!

I have had an opening I have been trying to fill for a couple of months, and I was becoming quite concerned that I may be stuck until after the new year or whenever things picked up. However, just this evening, I completed paperwork with a family I had interviewed with a couple of months ago who were looking for care for their baby due to be born. She is now a month old, and they arranged a start date for whenever her maternity leave is up (only 3 weeks!). And after our get to know one another meeting this evening, I have a great feeling about this family!

It's just a wonderful feeling after so many negatives!
Heidi 07:06 PM 10-21-2015

childcaremom 02:09 AM 10-22-2015
Hopefully that gets the ball rolling!
Laurel 11:42 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
It is in this job that I perhaps discovered how true this statement and title is!

Despite my horrible DCM that I have mostly cut off, I have held my head high and pushed through. I provided her chances that would Still be abiding by my policies and stuck to them. She hasn't been bringing DCG to me regularly anymore, and I have been sorely tempted to term her entirely and wash my hands of the situation. However, I think I have broken her down enough that she'll either come back under my conditions or not at all. Both of which I am fine with. If she remains a drop in, she knows what that entails and will abide by it!

I have had an opening I have been trying to fill for a couple of months, and I was becoming quite concerned that I may be stuck until after the new year or whenever things picked up. However, just this evening, I completed paperwork with a family I had interviewed with a couple of months ago who were looking for care for their baby due to be born. She is now a month old, and they arranged a start date for whenever her maternity leave is up (only 3 weeks!). And after our get to know one another meeting this evening, I have a great feeling about this family!

It's just a wonderful feeling after so many negatives!

Blackcat31 12:01 PM 10-22-2015
Thats awesome Chelsea!!
Tags:patience
Reply Up