Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going To Be A Long Morning
rmc20021 05:09 AM 05-07-2013
2.5 yo dcb came in crying today. Mom said, he might still be tired. He's been tired every morning this week and whined every day....but today you can definitely tell he's super tired and every little thing sets him off.

When dcb starts crying, there is no way to get him to stop until HE is ready. He NEVER cries if he isn't tired.

I am sooooo dreading this morning.
williams2008 05:45 AM 05-07-2013
I had a dcb who came in screaming bloody murder today

I think it's because his dad dropped him off this morning, which he never does

Hope your day gets better!!
slorey 05:56 AM 05-07-2013
I had a 13 month old dropped off leaking clumps of poop from his diaper (which I didn't notice until I found them on my kitchen floor-yuck)! By the way, the same boy was dropped off yesterday with a leaking poopy diaper as well Hope everyone's day improves from here. No fun dealing with tired, cranky children. In my house I am the tired, cranky one today
BBDC 06:10 AM 05-07-2013
I have a daycare kid who comes whiney and tired alot especially after the weekend. And the parents always say well db didnt take a nap this weekend and should have put him to bed early but he didnt get to bed til after 10 so he is probably really tired. I always think why are you so irresponsible with putting your kids to bed. This kid ALWAYS takes a 3 hour nap here (i usually have to wake him up) & still acts tired by the end of the day. HE needs more sleep he is three so he should definately be going to bed at a good time not 10 or 11!
SquirrellyMama 07:19 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by slorey:
I had a 13 month old dropped off leaking clumps of poop from his diaper (which I didn't notice until I found them on my kitchen floor-yuck)! By the way, the same boy was dropped off yesterday with a leaking poopy diaper as well Hope everyone's day improves from here. No fun dealing with tired, cranky children. In my house I am the tired, cranky one today

Heidi 07:54 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by BBDC:
I have a daycare kid who comes whiney and tired alot especially after the weekend. And the parents always say well db didnt take a nap this weekend and should have put him to bed early but he didnt get to bed til after 10 so he is probably really tired. I always think why are you so irresponsible with putting your kids to bed. This kid ALWAYS takes a 3 hour nap here (i usually have to wake him up) & still acts tired by the end of the day. HE needs more sleep he is three so he should definately be going to bed at a good time not 10 or 11!
How about laying him down for a catnap on Monday mornings, first thing? I'd present it in a positive way..."hey..dcb, you seem so tired this morning, do you want to go snuggle in your bed for a little while before breakfast?"

I had a 3 year old who came at 7:00, and he did that alot. He usually never went to sleep, but he cuddled, and got up when he was ready to face the world.
Reply Up