Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Good clients" are out there!!!
PitterPatter 08:38 PM 08-02-2012
I hate to admit I have put some clients in categories before. (good and bad.. and this year I have had the worst of the worst and the best of the best together at once so I can't help but title them as such) I have 1 good client that has been with me for over 7 months now and she is so nice and follows the rules even going beyond. I keep wondering when I will get slapped in the face. It always happens when they get used to me and know.. well I used to be a push over... Anyway the current "good client" knows I am down 2 kids due to the "bad clients" leaving so she gave me a nice tip.
She also doesn't need daycare for the summer but her son enjoys it so much here and she does as well she sends him anyway. Oh and can't forget my Birthday which normally I get a "Happy Birthday" if that. The "bad client" didn't even say anything knowing it was my B-day but made sure she told me she wouldn't be paying me again (as usual) Nice gift huh? The good client not only paid on time and in full as always she also showed up mid day with a bunch of flowers, a card and a nice bonus check in the card telling me how much she valued me!!! Enough to bring tears to my eyes I tell ya! So they are out there GOOD clients are out there ya just gotta weed through all the rough to find that diamond!
laundrymom 09:11 PM 08-02-2012

I love this post!!!!! Send her a ' golden parent award'!!!!!!!! MaKe one online, print it out and mail it!!!! She will feel as special as you do
PitterPatter 06:04 AM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:

I love this post!!!!! Send her a ' golden parent award'!!!!!!!! MaKe one online, print it out and mail it!!!! She will feel as special as you do
Awesome idea!! Thanks bunches!
EchoMom 06:15 AM 08-03-2012
You're right, you can have a mix of good and bad clients in the same bunch! For my birthday I had 3 families that didn't even acknowledge my birthday even though I was obvious about it, and in fact one of the familes, the dcb and I have the SAME birthday exactly!!! The other 2 families gave me a birthday card a gift, and a gift card! One of the families even got me a mother's day present! How sweet, really makes your day!
momma2girls 06:41 AM 08-03-2012
Originally Posted by glenechogirl:
You're right, you can have a mix of good and bad clients in the same bunch! For my birthday I had 3 families that didn't even acknowledge my birthday even though I was obvious about it, and in fact one of the familes, the dcb and I have the SAME birthday exactly!!! The other 2 families gave me a birthday card a gift, and a gift card! One of the families even got me a mother's day present! How sweet, really makes your day!
Same thing here!! I put everyone's birthdays inc. mine on our monthly calendar. One family out of 3 said Happy BIrthday!! The same family got me flowers every yr. for Mother's Day. It was so sweet!! For Christmas, I received gifts from every family, except a family of before school kids- not a card, thanks you for their nice gifts, nothing!!! GRRR!!!
DayCareDiva30 06:49 AM 08-03-2012
Thank God for the good parents! I have one family that has been with me for 3 years. DCM always remembers my birthday with a bonus check. I get gift cards at Christmas and little goodies for Valentines and teacher appreciation day. She also get my daughter gifts on her birthday. I hope they never leave! Lol
AnneCordelia 07:04 AM 08-03-2012
I feel this! I had an awful family earlier this year and had to term. Now I have four wonderful families!! They are considerate and raising nice children. I feel very lucky.
Crazy8 07:52 AM 08-03-2012
what a wonderful experience!!

This board has made me realize how lucky I have been - in 11 years I have only had a handful (maybe 3-4?) of "bad" parents and none were quite like I read here with not paying, etc. There are many good families out there!!!!
My3cents 11:43 AM 08-03-2012
tee hee I don't want them to know it is my birthday.......even I don't want to know. This happens the older you get. Tee hee

There are good parents out there- seen it all.
Countrygal 11:53 AM 08-03-2012
I'm so happy you have such a nice client!! It makes it worthwhile, doesn't it? It's so great to feel appreciated! You go girl!!!
Reply Up