Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Slightly Off Topic-Regarding Diapers
Breezy 09:55 AM 08-31-2012
My DS is 18 months and tall and skinny. Everyone says he's so long and I do notice he's taller than most his age. He was weighed a few weeks ago and was 27 pounds. Well, he is in size 6 diapers because they fit the best and he can wet through within 45 minutes in the lower sizes.

So, what am I to do when he grows out of size 6 diapers but isn't potty trained? The size 6s are for 35 pounds and up.... That's like 8 more pounds of DS and I know he wont be able to stay in them that long. He wears 2t clothes now because he is soo long if that helps.
Sunchimes 10:02 AM 08-31-2012
I have a 7 month old dcb who is already in size 4 diapers. I was telling dcm that he would need to be potty trained by the time he is a year old or he's going to have to switch to Depends instead of Pampers.
Lilbutterflie 10:07 AM 08-31-2012
You may have to switch to Pullups or EasyUps. They go all the way to 5T, but are more expensive.

Remember that growth slows a lot after 18 months, too. It's going to take him a while to gain enough weight to grow out of size 6 diapers.
daycarediva 10:16 AM 08-31-2012
My ds was in size 6 diapers at 18m, and stayed in them for a solid year until he was pt'ed! I would suggest pullups, because they go to very large sizes (ds, now 4 1/2, wears the 5T ones at bedtime for occassional wetting)
sharlan 10:19 AM 08-31-2012
I was thinking about that the other day with my 9 mo. She weighs 30 lbs and the size 5's are getting too small to cover her bottom. I swear all of her weight is in her bottom and thighs.
momofboys 10:20 AM 08-31-2012
They have night diapers fir older kids called good nights - i believe they go up to 60-70 lbs or so. of course they cost more
daycare 10:23 AM 08-31-2012
wow you have a linebacker on your hands....lol

I am thinking that as he grows and becomes more active he will start to slim down some. I could be wrong, but I usually see this happen with a lot of kids...
MarinaVanessa 03:37 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I have a 7 month old dcb who is already in size 4 diapers. I was telling dcm that he would need to be potty trained by the time he is a year old or he's going to have to switch to Depends instead of Pampers.
I read this and laughed out loud . My hubby thinks I'm crazy now .
Hunni Bee 04:52 PM 08-31-2012
Actually, the size 6 diapers are larger than the largest size Pull-Ups.

At my old job, I had an almost five year old dcb who was special needs and not toilet trained. He was also a really big, tall kid. The 4T/5T Pull-Ups came only to the top of his crack and if he bent over too fast, they could pop. We tried switch to Goodnights, but they weren't made to be pooped in and he was making zero progress with potty training.

The size 6 Luvs were the only thing that fit. Pull ups are kind of on the short side.
Sunchimes 06:42 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
wow you have a linebacker on your hands....lol

I am thinking that as he grows and becomes more active he will start to slim down some. I could be wrong, but I usually see this happen with a lot of kids...
You know, he doesn't look like he is overweight or even chubby. He's just a big kid. He looks much older than 7 months. If he was walking, you'd think he was at least 2. He's just 4" shorter and 5 pounds lighter than his 2 year old sister. If I'm still around, I'll probably spend a lot of time watching this kid play sports.
Reply Up