Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unbelievable!
Great Beginnings 08:56 AM 11-07-2013
OMG! First time in my 8 years of doing daycare that I had to call a parent to come pick up a child because they were so bad!!

So this child I watched once before. I watch his brothers while he is in school and they are good so I didn't think to having the older brother. This child, who is 7 would not sit still to play with toys just kept running all over the place, throwing toys at the wall, helped himself to my cupboards, and repeadidly climbed up my coach and chair and jumped off the back. I made him lay down thinking he was tired. He threw the mat up in the air, talked back, kept getting off the mat. Then I was folding laundry trying to destress and the kid gets up jumps over my chair and throws my entire basket of folded laundry on the floor

I called mom right then and there and told her she needed to come pick him up. When she got here the first thing she said was "oh see, I knew he didn't really take his meds when I gave them to him". What??? You have a 1 year old and 4 year old, where did this pill go if he didn't take it????
Brooksie 09:01 AM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Great Beginnings:
OMG! First time in my 8 years of doing daycare that I had to call a parent to come pick up a child because they were so bad!!

So this child I watched once before. I watch his brothers while he is in school and they are good so I didn't think to having the older brother. This child, who is 7 would not sit still to play with toys just kept running all over the place, throwing toys at the wall, helped himself to my cupboards, and repeadidly climbed up my coach and chair and jumped off the back. I made him lay down thinking he was tired. He threw the mat up in the air, talked back, kept getting off the mat. Then I was folding laundry trying to destress and the kid gets up jumps over my chair and throws my entire basket of folded laundry on the floor

I called mom right then and there and told her she needed to come pick him up. When she got here the first thing she said was "oh see, I knew he didn't really take his meds when I gave them to him". What??? You have a 1 year old and 4 year old, where did this pill go if he didn't take it????
Holy mother of ________. That's all I have to say. I would have sent him home too, but yea, she needs to find that pill!
MotherNature 09:21 AM 11-07-2013
yikes, at 7...I was wondering if he had adhd, & then got to the part about meds. Hope she finds that pill.
MarinaVanessa 10:01 AM 11-07-2013
Woah mama!! And I'm wondering what exactly is is that this child has for someone to prescribe behavior altering medication in a four year old. By the age of three I KNEW (thanks to everyone else around me pointing it out to me) that my DD had to have SOMETHING because she was WAY more active that any other of the kids.

It took me until she was almost 8yo for me to finally get a referral to a Psychiatrist (first she did a school evaluation, counseling, then a behavior therapist) and then it still took three months of evaluations at her psychiatrist and some forms that her teachers, counselor, behavior therapist, my husband, my mom and her dad had to fill out and turn in before they'd give her any meds at all!! (she ended up having ADHD).
Great Beginnings 11:11 AM 11-07-2013
No, the hyper rude boy was 7. He has brothers that I care for that are 4 and 1.
MarinaVanessa 12:49 PM 11-07-2013
Originally Posted by Great Beginnings:
No, the hyper rude boy was 7. He has brothers that I care for that are 4 and 1.
Ahhh, ok. My mistake. PHEW!
Memc2001 04:21 PM 11-07-2013
HOLY SH*T. No way. TERM.
Reply Up