Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>FINALLY terminated this morning!
Memc2001 06:47 AM 10-01-2013
My whiner 1 year old DCK who had not been away from Mom until a month ago.....

He's a sickly child, parents don't practice very good hygiene with him. Always a fever, runny nose, etc. On Friday he was diagnosed with pink eye. Yesterday they brought him in and I could tell he wasn't feeling well. He was crying and VERY fussy, more than normal even. Took a temp and it was 98.9- Later it was lower at 98.7. Put him down for a nap in the afternoon and when I got him up at 4:55 he was 101.9 and his eyes were still gooey. Immediately started texting the phone numbers on his form and one of them responded, "oh wow, had no idea he was so sick. we are coming right away." They arrived 10 minutes later...give them the run down of what happened all day with him and I was told they would be staying home with him the next day.

Much to my surprise, guess who shows up at 7:15am for drop off!? I refused them care and the mom came in and was pissed. Said she was clueless he was that hot yesterday...What? Do they think I am that stupid? She then slams the door in my face and calls 15 minutes later to say they are going elsewhere because they feel like I don't want him there and he's not happy here. I did not return the deposit but refunded next weeks fees ($95) for 50 hours infant care.
Good riddance!
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 10-01-2013
Who was the person that picked him up yesterday then? How did mom NOT know he had a temp of 101.9?

I usually send an illness report home with the sick child stating the temp, time it was taken, any other symptoms and behaviors documented that day and a return date and/or list of things that need to happen BEFORE the child can return to care so there are no misunderstandings or miscommunication.

I'm sorry the mom was so rude to you but it sounds like she was not on the same page as you were/are about the situation.
mrsmartin2007 07:04 AM 10-01-2013
I LOVE the children!!! I just feel so bad not only WE but they have to deal with ignorant parents like that.
KIDZRMYBIZ 07:56 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I usually send an illness report home with the sick child stating the temp, time it was taken, any other symptoms and behaviors documented that day and a return date and/or list of things that need to happen BEFORE the child can return to care so there are no misunderstandings or miscommunication.
That's an awesome idea! There would be no question then what I would expect if I sent a kid home sick! Would you share your report on here as a model to make one for myself? I did a search in the forms but didn't come up with one.
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
That's an awesome idea! There would be no question then what I would expect if I sent a kid home sick! Would you share your report on here as a model to make one for myself? I did a search in the forms but didn't come up with one.
Sure! Here is the one I use. You are welcome to edit and use to fit your needs.
Sunshine75 08:22 AM 10-01-2013
Awesome! Thanks BlackCat31. Already on my computer and waiting for the next sick child. Hopefully won't need to use it much with only 2 but you never know. Wonder if I could apply the form to myself and my kids! Haha! I could send it home with the parents letting them know I won't be open the next day due to illness...I wish! Only in dire circumstances right. I do get paid sick days but with this being my first year and first winter it might be harsh.
Play Care 09:23 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sure! Here is the one I use. You are welcome to edit and use to fit your needs.
That is awesome!!! Totally borrowing!
Reply Up