Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How's your day going?
daycarediva 05:22 AM 12-29-2014
I was off Wed-Sun, back to it today. I have 2/7 kids here. Supposed to have 3 but they're all calling in! One is sleeping, one is lethargic in the cozy area with a book, both were late by over 45 minutes.
Kimskiddos 05:41 AM 12-29-2014
I sit here and wait for only 1 kiddo that may or may not show! My own fault I should have clarified better with this family before Christmas. Dcd just said we'll be out all next week (Christmas week) because we are driving to Phoenix.

Will text by 9am if I haven't heard from them. But I have been hesitant to text before now because I did the text them to let them know their kid would be the only one here for the day around Thanksgiving (hoping they would keep him home, which they did).

Note to self. Make sure I have all holiday schedules turned in earlier in the month so I don't sit here and wait and wonder! I did ask all families in my December newsletter but the 2 newer families didn't get back to me on their plans until the week before.
daycarediva 05:49 AM 12-29-2014
All of mine were supposed to be here! Still have only 2, both are sleeping now and no response from my text to family 3 yet.

I give a deadline for things like that and if they don't get back to me, the space isn't available.
taylorw1210 05:58 AM 12-29-2014
I'm open for 2 days after being closed Wednesday - Friday. So far I only have 2 kiddos here, and one is a drop-in. 2 have called out sick (what is with illness so far this year?! It's been awful! ), a couple I'm not expecting back until next Monday, and who knows about the others. It's almost 8am and all my drop offs are between 7:30-8, yet several are no where to be found.
VTMom 06:01 AM 12-29-2014
I just have 2 as well (brothers). My own kids are staying with my Dad and his wife until Thursday. Feels weird! I was greeted with a "he's in underwear after 5 days with only 2 accidents". This kid would never initiate going to the bathroom and had no problem going in his diaper in front of a crowd and denying it. Uh huh. Must have been a Christmas miracle! This should be fun.

We're going for a walk in the woods. Might as well take advantage of no little little ones and it just being the 3 of us!
permanentvacation 06:13 AM 12-29-2014
My day seems to have started at 2:45 this morning when my neighbors decided that their new puppy had to go outside off and on for 2 hours straight! I got back to sleep after 6 just for my alarm to go off at 7:30. She's a cute little 6 week old puppy, so I can't be mad about it. She's a Chocolate Lab.

Other than lack of sleep, my day's going great. I only have one daycare kid now. He came on time and is the quietest little boy. He doesn't give me any trouble. He plays well by himself, listens when I tell him to do something, and plays nicely when I play/interact with him.

I expect that my day will continue to be fairly uneventful. -- Hopefully.
LadyK8 06:15 AM 12-29-2014
I was off Thursday-Sun. I have two kids here. One is being prepared for their morning nap, and the other is just finishing up their breakfast.

Got news that DCG's father got laid-off, so she'll only be here for the next couple of weeks and I'm really sad. She was my first full-time child. Came when she was just two months old and is now almost a year old. Her parents are sad, and are hoping he gets a new job before then, but the job market in Delaware isn't very big, so it's looking grim.

I'm more concerned with missing this family than I am about the huge chunk of needed income that I'm about to lose. It's really hard finding families out here. *sigh* I'm trying to be patient, though.
KidGrind 06:25 AM 12-29-2014
I have 2 out of town.
I had 1 call in due to DCD wanting to spend time with his baby.
I have 1 no show.

I have 2 DCB.
midaycare 06:42 AM 12-29-2014
I have 3 out of 6, 1 more will be coming soon, and 1 should be here but isn't. It might be miscommunication. First they wanted today off, then they didn't ...
Kabob 07:12 AM 12-29-2014
Perfect so far! Knocking on wood since one of my kiddos seems a bit tired and usually that means crabby by lunch...

But all the parents remembered supplies and payment without reminders and all were on time. So far everyone seems to be so happy to see each other after a week break that they all are playing nicely and quietly. Hoping this lasts the entire day.
AuntTami 07:36 AM 12-29-2014
SHOOT ME ALREADY! All three of mine are here today and every one of them is overly tired and extra crabby. I've had two attached to my hip since drop off because if I put them down, they SCREAM.... Is it nap time yet?
sharlan 08:04 AM 12-29-2014
I only have 1/4 so far. She came in crabby, but changed her attitude the minute the door closed.
Controlled Chaos 09:49 AM 12-29-2014
I have 6 of my 6. 2 have serious attitudes. 1 is super sensitive. The other 3 are just super off schedule and testing all boundaries. Not too bad, but I will be ready for my glass of wine come dinner
Sunshine74 09:55 AM 12-29-2014
All 7 scheduled are here. We closed Christmas day and the day after, but most of the kids were home Christmas eve too (none from my class were there that day). So today they are going between being really good and quiet to whiney and argumentative. And I only had one hour if sleep last night, so I don't know how I am going to make it through the afternoon. Hopefully they all take really long naps.
jenboo 09:58 AM 12-29-2014
I'm just waking up at 10am. I'm still all snuggled in bed about to read a book.
Im on vacation until the 12th.
SignMeUp 10:20 AM 12-29-2014
All of my regulars are here, except my babies. One K sibling is here for the day - I had him from birth till school started. Right now he is reading The Bear Snores On to the younger kids I feel like a proud mommy
taylorw1210 10:30 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I'm just waking up at 10am. I'm still all snuggled in bed about to read a book.
Im on vacation until the 12th.
I'm jealous!
daycare 10:40 AM 12-29-2014
I am so jealous, I have all 14 kids.....

but I did miss them all, so it's nice to hear all of their fun and exciting stories about what they did and what they got for christmas...
daycarediva 11:11 AM 12-29-2014
I have the 2 still! 1 tried to ignore my text and drop off unfed in pjs after lunch!
Indoorvoice 11:14 AM 12-29-2014
I have 6/6 here. Everyone but my own 2 girls are being angels. Go figure. Too bad I can't send my 2 year old home with someone at the end of the day...just kidding...kind of.
Reply Up