Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wrote a Book! Title - EQUINOX - A.F. Smith
rosieteddy 07:46 AM 08-09-2020
Retired after a heart attack in 2015.I was really feeling lost. After 30 years caring for children ,I didn't know what to do. Then we moved further into the country .My husband fell in love with a house .I missed the home we had been in .All those years my identity was . the DAYCARE LADY who pushed a 5 seat stroller all over town. We moved closer to our daughters and Grandchildren. Surprise we didn't see them that much. They had their own lives. I joined the senior center but like it was hard to fit in. One club was the writing club. Though they were welcoming I attended a handful of times. It started me writing that was 2019 -Jan finished the book by October and then had to figure out how to type it and get it published. Last week I uploaded the finished product. Today it can be bought on Amazon , Ingram Sparks and Barnes and Noble. The experts say write what you know... so you can guess .The story is about a retired Daycare Provider who meets a former child who needs help. Genre Contemporary Women's Fiction with a little Fantasy thrown in. Hope some of you will read it. I have never left the site ,in these trying times I hope you all stay safe and healthy A.F. Smith (Nancy)
Blackcat31 07:58 AM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
Retired after a heart attack in 2015.I was really feeling lost. After 30 years caring for children ,I didn't know what to do. Then we moved further into the country .My husband fell in love with a house .I missed the home we had been in .All those years my identity was . the DAYCARE LADY who pushed a 5 seat stroller all over town. We moved closer to our daughters and Grandchildren. Surprise we didn't see them that much. They had their own lives. I joined the senior center but like it was hard to fit in. One club was the writing club. Though they were welcoming I attended a handful of times. It started me writing that was 2019 -Jan finished the book by October and then had to figure out how to type it and get it published. Last week I uploaded the finished product. Today it can be bought on Amazon , Ingram Sparks and Barnes and Noble. The experts say write what you know... so you can guess .The story is about a retired Daycare Provider who meets a former child who needs help. Genre Contemporary Women's Fiction with a little Fantasy thrown in. Hope some of you will read it. I have never left the site ,in these trying times I hope you all stay safe and healthy A.F. Smith (Nancy)
Oh my goodness! That is absolutely awesome!!

Good for you!!
DaveA 08:28 AM 08-09-2020
That’s awesome! Congratulations!
Michael 11:08 AM 08-09-2020
Congratulations. Impressive that your produced a product that can be bought and shared. Post the title and a link to purchase the book.
rosieteddy 01:06 PM 08-09-2020
The title is EQUINOX by A.F.Smith --Ann F Smith. I haven't figured out how to share the link. It truly is amazing I figured out how to get it in print lol. My husband (and biggest fan ) helped a lot. Writing it was the easy part.
Josiegirl 01:16 PM 08-09-2020
The title is EQUINOX by A.F.Smith --Ann F Smith. I haven't figured out how to share the link. It truly is amazing I figured out how to get it in print lol. My husband (and biggest fan ) helped a lot. Writing it was the easy part.
Rosieteddy, that is so cool!!! Hugs and wishing you the very best of luck with it!!!
284878 02:19 PM 08-09-2020
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1735141100..._-FgmFbMJ6CMXH
Josiegirl 02:58 AM 08-10-2020
Are you planning on doing more; it says Book 1 of a series? Congrats!
Cat Herder 05:44 AM 08-10-2020
Congratulations!!
rosieteddy 10:57 AM 08-10-2020
Thanks for posting the link. I am a third of the way into writing the second book. Hope to at least finish ot by end of the year. My housework has definitely suffered though. LOL.
Baby Beluga 01:29 PM 08-10-2020
Rosieteddy, this is awesome! Congratulations
rosieteddy 10:23 AM 09-10-2020
Update, my book is at a small library in Washington N.H. Pretty exciting ,even if I don't sell many. I am working on second book now. It does pass the time during this weird Pandemic. At least the kids won't get a painting or something like pottery that "Nana "made for Christmas this year. A book is much easier to shelve lol. Stay safe and sane everybody!
Ariana 04:17 PM 09-10-2020
Will definitely check it out!! Congrats on such a big accomplishment
Tags:book, book publishing
Reply Up