Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Know Your State's Rules
kidkair 05:24 AM 10-09-2010
This was just posted on the provider page. It's a good reminder that not only should the daycare providers be following the rules but that parents should be aware of the rules as well. Even if you visit a daycare where you see rules that are being broken PLEASE report the daycare! Especially over capacity concerns. There is no way these parents should have brought their kid to this daycare as she was way over her limit. Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't be afraid to report!

http://www.kmbc.com/video/25308805/detail.html
sierrastreasures 10:56 AM 10-09-2010
I feel badly for the parents and don't feel they should be condemed. They have suffered enough. Their mistake for not realizing the overage is something they are living with day to day.

In Maryland, displaying your license is mandatory. On your license has the amount of children you are inspected and are licensed for.
Michael 12:14 PM 10-09-2010
States Licensing Standards: https://www.daycare.com/states.html
kidkair 07:30 AM 10-10-2010
Originally Posted by sierrastreasures:
I feel badly for the parents and don't feel they should be condemed. They have suffered enough. Their mistake for not realizing the overage is something they are living with day to day.

In Maryland, displaying your license is mandatory. On your license has the amount of children you are inspected and are licensed for.
As a note I'm not trying to condemn the parents. I am just trying to make sure that other parents are informed so that these types of things stop happening.
Thanks Michael for the valuable link.
gbcc 08:44 AM 10-11-2010
Originally Posted by sierrastreasures:
NY is the same way, it has to be visible sight for parents to access. Parents never ask me or look at the license though.
Tags:state requirement
Reply Up