Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Starting Daycare - What Are Current State Rates
TreesPlayhouse 04:50 PM 11-08-2011
Hi, I am starting a daycare out of my home. I have been approved for non-registered and I need to send new rates for registered daycare and my three letters of reference. The lady on the phone about state registered said I need to change my rates but she would not really tell me what the rates should be. I live in Des Moines, IA and I want to get the right amount. She told me I was to low but I don't really know.

I am getting laid off from work anytime soon and decided It was the right time to open my daycare as I have a perfect house and fenced backyard and I am fixing up the basement to have most my daycare down there during the day for play and exercise and school time.

Any suggestions on rates? She told me that I should put 12.24 unit for infants - 2yrs
11.48 unit for todlers to 5 yrs
10.20 unit school age.

Not sure if this is the truth. I am going to my first class Nov 16th but will have sent the right rates in by then.
Thanks, Tree
Michael 10:06 PM 11-08-2011
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now. Here are some threads on rates: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=rates
nannyde 01:43 AM 11-09-2011
You are doing the provider agreement form for state paid kids?

Don't put the rates on there that they have. These rates are used for the future to average out what providers who do state paid kids GET in the future.

Depending on what side of town you live on the average rates are:

North, South, and East Side 100-130

West side 130-180

The rate they gave you is what they pay NOW for catagory A homes. That rate was the average rate a provider in the whole STATE of Iowa was paid FOUR years ago.

It's a terribly low rate. The only way to get these guys to RAISE rates is to have providers send in their rates at the highest they will possibly charge. You can charge a private pay MORE than the state rates but you can't charge the state more than you charge private pays.

So I would turn them in at least
30 dollar for full day for ALL age
15 dollars for half day for ALL ages
50 dollars for half day for special needs

If you are on the west side then do it even HIGHER.

Now you won't GET that if you take state paid now BUT the rate you submit WILL be calculated into rates for 2014. Do all providers a favor and put in the highest amount you would charge. The state tells newbies like you to do this so that they can assure the rates WON'T go up three years from now. They need to EXPLAIN that you write YOUR rates not the crappy rates they offer now.

You can p.m. me and I will give you the number of our Union President. She can explain to you the state paid funding deal. I don't take state paid.

http://www.nanshouse.com/fees.htm
Tags:rates
Reply Up