Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sickness in the Daycare....
MissAnn 04:47 AM 11-14-2013
I had a little girl go home sick yesterday with strep. I let other parents know "a child" had strep. One parent asked that I sanitize every toy. She was almost panic stricken. I told her I would sanitize after all the kids went home. Now....I cannot possibly sanitize every toy....but I did sanitize what I could. What do you guys do after a kid goes home sick?
childcaremom 05:06 AM 11-14-2013
I clean/sanitize what I can. Air out the house. Wash bedding/soft stuff they came in contact with. But everyone has probably already been exposed. I just tell the parents to be on the lookout, we will try to minimize the passing of germs, but in the end, their kids immune systems will be stronger for it.
MissAnn 05:09 AM 11-14-2013
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I clean/sanitize what I can. Air out the house. Wash bedding/soft stuff they came in contact with. But everyone has probably already been exposed. I just tell the parents to be on the lookout, we will try to minimize the passing of germs, but in the end, their kids immune systems will be stronger for it.
Thank you....exactly how I feel. We always handwash and I sanitize toys if they are mouthed and then sanitize a few bins each night. I cannot sanitize my whole house and every item in it.
Tags:sickness
Reply Up