Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parents Vacation Pay Policy
weeones 01:52 PM 07-08-2011
My contract is based on a 52 week calendar year. I explain to parents this means that even though they take their kids out of daycare for vacations, etc., they will still be charged. Just wondering if anyone requests or requires parents to pay their fee BEFORE they take off for a week or two? Or do you allow them to just pay for week(s) they missed when they return? I only have 3 kids in my care at this time which is already financially challenging, then having to miss payments and catch up weeks later is tough.
grandmom 01:55 PM 07-08-2011
My parents all pay monthly. If I hear that they are leaving and will be gone on payday, I'll send an email saying: Oh yeah, just realized you'll be gone on the first. If you like, I can hold your check till then.
nannyde 01:55 PM 07-08-2011
Most online transfer but the ones that do checks just write me a check for whatever pay day they are going to be gone.
TBird 07:56 PM 07-08-2011
Post dated checks...best invention ever!
bgmeyers 07:24 AM 07-09-2011
Payment is due on or before the 1st of each month. Parents who are not going to be here on the 1st post date a check or they get late fees.
If the 1st falls on a weekend or a day they are not scheduled, they pay on their last day of care before the 1st.
Cat Herder 07:42 AM 07-09-2011
If my clients have already used their unpaid vacation time or did not give me the mandatory 30 day notice, they owe it "before they go".

My online payments go through as usual. No hassles at all.

My other clients must have cash/money order in hand by their first day back in order to attend. Most pay at pick-up on their last day, though .

I have also never had a client take more that a week, straight without attendance.

I do not accept checks.
jojosmommy 06:13 PM 07-10-2011
Mine pay the Friday previous every week so when they intend to be gone they pay two weeks ahead. One for the week they will be gone and one for the week they return. Most pay on a two week schedule anyway so it doesn't usually affect them.
PitterPatter 06:16 PM 07-10-2011
My clients are all state paid. I don't get paid anything unless they are here. No paid vacation for myself or theirs. I did have a private pay a couple yrs ago I tried to get a couple paid holidays for the yr and she laughed and said yeah right! When I said I was serious, she herself gets paid vacations, she said that was dif and asked if I was crazy. So even if/when I get a private paying client I wont dare ask for anytime paid unless they are here. Kudos to those of u who get it tho and stick to it!
CheekyChick 06:41 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
If my clients have already used their unpaid vacation time or did not give me the mandatory 30 day notice, they owe it "before they go".

My online payments go through as usual. No hassles at all.

My other clients must have cash/money order in hand by their first day back in order to attend. Most pay at pick-up on their last day, though .

I have also never had a client take more that a week, straight without attendance.

I do not accept checks.
Can I ask:

a) How you get paid through "online" payments?
b) How you get parents to pay by cash or money order? I think mine DP's would look at me like I was nuts.
Tags:payment method, vacation policy
Reply Up