Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Works Out At A Gym And When???
TBird 02:27 PM 03-14-2011
I want to start working out at the gym again, but I felt like I needed to get my program and routine together first. I'd have to go by 5AM so I could get back here and get showered and ready by 7:30AM (although my first DCK shows up closer to 8:00).

Do any of you go to the gym? Do you go in the morning or wait until your last DCK is gone for the evening (which I'm assuming would be after 6:00pm)? Which workout time exhausts you more....morning or evening???
youretooloud 02:31 PM 03-14-2011
I have heard it's best to go in the morning.

But, I go at 7:00 pm. I meet a friend there two nights a week, then we hike one weekend morning in the winter, or go to a spin class in the summer.

Why don't you get a free two week pass at a few gyms, and try going in the morning and see how that feels? Then, go at night and give that a try.
daycare 02:36 PM 03-14-2011
I make the time to go, not wait for the time to go. I go when I can regarding my daily schedule. I am an avid workout gym rat. I love fitness and I love pumping iron. I used to be a personal trainer, but that was some time ago.
I would say that you should go when you feel best. Morning is great, as it is a way to wake you up, however, sometimes night works as well so you can let off some stress from your day.
I think that yourtooloud gave great advice. Try it out and see what works best for you. I try to plan to go every morning, but if something goes wrong in the morning and I don’t make it to the gym then I have plan B and I make the time to go in the evening. Even if it is at 11:00 at night....
JenNJ 04:11 PM 03-14-2011
I go 2 weeknights and on Saturday mornings. I am fortunate that my mother in law offers to take my kids 2 nights a week so I get a break from ALL kids.
SunflowerMama 05:11 PM 03-14-2011
Usually 3 nights a week we have dinner as a family at 6p and then I head off to the gym for a run before heading back to help my husband put the girls to bed at 7:30p.

It gives my husband some good quality time with the girls and it gives me a little time away from the house. I'm lucky because my gym is only 2 miles from my house so it's a quick trip.

Then I always make a point to get there at some point both Saturday and Sunday.
Stacy214 06:31 PM 03-14-2011
oooh I love to work out at night! For me it's a great stress reliever (plus I am not a morning person)
You just need to find what works best for you and your schedule.
sahm2three 06:33 PM 03-14-2011
Every evening at 6:30 I do a group workout called INSANITY. It is awesome! I take my kids, hubby and I go together! Super duper fantastic! And it is modeling good exercise behavior for the kids!
Stacy214 06:35 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Every evening at 6:30 I do a group workout called INSANITY. It is awesome! I take my kids, hubby and I go together! Super duper fantastic! And it is modeling good exercise behavior for the kids!

where??? what is it??? sounds FUN!
sahm2three 06:58 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by Stacy214:
where??? what is it??? sounds FUN!
We get together in a gym near my home. You can buy the dvds and do it in your home, or get a group together! Group workouts are the BEST!!! It is a hard work out, so to have people there to cheer you on is awesome! http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do
youretooloud 07:04 PM 03-14-2011
We get together in a gym near my home. You can buy the dvds and do it in your home, or get a group together! Group workouts are the BEST!!! It is a hard work out, so to have people there to cheer you on is awesome! http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do
I love all things "Beach Body". They do a group workout in a park north of me... but, <insert whiney voice> "It's soooo hot" I don't wanna join because I don't want to do it outside.. so, I just walk around them while watching them sweat.
Michelle 07:05 PM 03-14-2011
I think that gym you are talking about is in Pasadena?
DCMomOf3 07:09 PM 03-14-2011
i used to go after my own kids were in bed, so 8-9. I had a 45 minute program I used. I always do better at night. Now I'm in a sport and that is evenings instead of working out at a gym.
Abigail 07:14 PM 03-14-2011
I'm an evening person, but half the time after work I'm too exhausted. I try to go for 45 minutes, but if I reach 30 minutes sometimes I leave. If I sleep unusual hours and don't work that day, you might find me at the gym at 5 am watching the sun rise and then home to shower and back in bed!

It really depends. I shouldn't speak because I don't go regularly anymore.
SandeeAR 05:13 AM 03-15-2011
I am NOT a morning person, I barely get out of bed and ready before my kiddos get here , so no exercise here in the morning!

I have a treadmill in the guest room, that I should be using, maybe one of these days, I'll actually use it!

Can't start tonight, gotta go to the hospital, Wait, I can start Wednesday, nope, have church.....lets see Thursday night....ummmmmmm, ummmmm, I can't come up with an excuse! Give me some time, I will !
Stacy214 09:58 AM 03-15-2011

Awesome! Thanks for sharing, is this sort of comparable to the P90x? I think I read something about it, but I'll check it out!
sahm2three 11:22 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Stacy214:
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, is this sort of comparable to the P90x? I think I read something about it, but I'll check it out!
It is all cardio. There is an optional weight lifting dvd, but it isn't on the classic schedule. It is a butt kickin' workout!!
daycare 11:27 AM 03-15-2011
Im not big into dvds, but I did see that video and it seems like a lot of fun.

I am more into working out with my own body weight and actual free weights.. I do a thing called cross fit and love it.

IMO I dont think it matter what time you get to the gym, its just getting there and making the best of your time while you are there. if you are trying to lose weight, know what your heart rate needs to be at to lose weight, if you are there to just stay fit, then that's a whole different story..
TBird 11:46 AM 03-15-2011
Thanks you guys!!! I love all the videos you've talked about here...my favorite being P90X. I plan to try Insanity and a friend of mine is into Cross Fit. You're all right though...I need to get back in the gym REGARDLESS of what time. Plus I only have 3 months left on my membership...YIKES!!!
beachgrl 11:50 AM 09-13-2011
You can also try shakeology which is a beach body product my husband just became a coach, our friends are and all who are doing shakeology are losing weight too..it's awesome!
NiNi.R. 12:04 PM 09-13-2011
I used to go in the morning but then my husband started working nights and doesn't get home til 8:30am so I have nobody here to watch our kids.

We now have the kinect for the xbox 360. so a lot of times during nap time i play the biggest loser game. I love it! At the beginning it scanned my body gave me a 30 min fitness test then set up a program that is right for me
godiva83 01:06 PM 09-13-2011
I goto the gym 1 morning, 1 evening and Saturday mornings
I goto a pole dancing class with a few girlfriends- I love, love, love it
Tags:exercise, gym, work out
Reply Up