Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DC Grants
sammys 05:14 PM 11-30-2013
Have you any of you applied for day/child care grants and actually received one? I have been looking around, but can't find any. I'm in Michigan if it matters.
LaLa1923 06:02 PM 11-30-2013
Originally Posted by sammys:
Have you any of you applied for day/child care grants and actually received one? I have been looking around, but can't find any. I'm in Michigan if it matters.
For what exactly??
melilley 06:21 PM 11-30-2013
I have looked and looked. I don't think that there are any available right now because of the economy; the money just isn't here.
itlw8 05:35 AM 12-01-2013
Most are through your state . To find them check with your local R& R agency ours is Childcare Aware

a 500 award for the project and 500 for the teacher to keep plus a trip to Philidelphia is the TLLCF/Childrens Tylenol Childcare Teacher Awards . The entry is due Dec 6th I believe. There is still time if your work fast.
Blackcat31 07:07 AM 12-01-2013
Check with your local Child Care Resource & Referral.

I serve on my grant review board.

Grants applications in my state usually begin in August and run through the end of October.

Providers can request grants for anything that helps their business.

Toys, curriculum, equipment, etc

I've gotten several grants (anywhere from $500-$1500) over the years.

HTH
Annalee 02:51 PM 12-01-2013
Originally Posted by sammys:
I am in the south where the economic situation has taken a toll on state programs that offered assistance to child care programs. However, there is still funds that pay for early childhood education i.e. CDA, Associates, Bachelors or technical certificates.
Childminder 09:08 AM 12-02-2013
I am in MI also and received one for $3500 in 2005. They are no longer available because of economic reasons. There used to be two different ones from the State of MI a start up grant and the one I got.

You could try searching for a grant from a private entity, online, I do periodically. Just google grants, day care.
sammys 06:11 PM 12-02-2013
Thank you all! Haven't had much luck, but I'll keep searching.
jessrlee 04:43 AM 12-03-2013
Most of our grants in Iowa are hooked to Childnet or QRS. I just completed the Childnet certification and will get a $500 grant
Maria2013 05:53 AM 12-03-2013
I'm in Michigan too, I remember during orientation they talked to us about possible grants but I doubt it is something they give out easily, if they even still do

please let me know if you learn more, I would love to redo my playground from top to bottom
Childminder 12:15 PM 12-03-2013
I have to go on the tenth for a group home orientation I will ask them and get back to you.
melilley 12:16 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I have to go on the tenth for a group home orientation I will ask them and get back to you.
Oooh, will you please let me know too!
TwinKristi 01:00 PM 12-03-2013
We have them for the First Five program in CA. I have yet to apply but would consider it. I just don't know what to say! Hahaha!
Maria2013 03:37 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by Childminder:
thank you!
Tags:grants, grants - mi
Reply Up