Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Is Going To Sound Weird...
rmc20021 12:28 PM 04-17-2013
Most of us complain about dcp's who hang around too long, say too much, defend their kids behaviors by making excuses etc.

I have a dcf who drop their kids off...walks inside the door, signs them in and they're out. Pick up their kids, and run...no exchanged words at all.

Is this weird that they don't ask about their kids or anything else pertaining to the daycare? The kids are 5 and 8 so I know they're a little older, but it just seems weird to me...
Cradle2crayons 12:33 PM 04-17-2013
I have one that drops off quick but at pickup she always asks about the day. My other parents usually chit chat about five minutes at pickup. I've had a few over the years that were like that though.
MNMum 12:36 PM 04-17-2013
I have one like this. I chalk it up to her being comfortable with the care I am providing. The most she'll ask is if she had a good day. Personally, I love the quick drop off and pick up. But she also drops and picks up at very busy times in my day. She's also a younger mom, seems pretty inexperienced in the world of parenting and children.
butterfly 12:37 PM 04-17-2013
Ironically, I WAS one of those parents. When I picked up and dropped off there were always a whole mess of other parents, so I felt I should just go and give someone else my parking spot. I figured if there were any concerns or anything major, they'd stop me to tell me or give me a call. If I had concerns I made sure to take time to voice them, but otherwise quick in and out...
AfterSchoolMom 01:10 PM 04-17-2013
If they pay on time, I say count your blessings! I've had parents that I would have given anything for them to be that way.
allsmiles 01:12 PM 04-17-2013
i was that parent too.. i dont enjoy small talk..and i feel if there was anything that needed to be discussed the provider would initiate that.. 5 and 8.. shoot they can tell ALLLL about their day and everybody elses too LOL..
i wouldnt worry if i were you..
Meeko 02:27 PM 04-17-2013
Some people are socially awkward and chit-chat is hard for them. As long as she pays on time and seems OK with everything, I would count my blessings!
Evansmom 03:50 PM 04-17-2013
Had a family for two years that every time the DCM picked up the DCK the was on the phone, mouthed "sorry" to me, grabbed her kid and out the door. No thank you, no asking how the day went. Nothing.

I think it's disrespectful to me to do that! I mean, I'm with her kid all day for 10 hours and she didn't stop to even say thanks.
Starburst 05:22 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Some people are socially awkward and chit-chat is hard for them.
That is totally me, socailly inept to the bone. But it's even more akward when the parents are interverts too. For one family I used to sit for the parents were very soft spoken and it was almost painful to talk to them because there were alot of akward pauses. The problem was probably also because I tend to be very receptive to the energy and emotions of others (Example: I have never drank alcohol but I have friends who say its almost like I get "contact drunk" when around people who are drinking) so I think I can tell that they are shy or something and it brings out my shy side. But on the flip side, I can also be very friendly and almost down right perky if I am with someone who has that kind of energy (though there is still room for many social faux pas that can bring that energy down).
Reply Up