Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Indoor Play Equipment...
lflick 06:02 AM 01-17-2014
Hello,

I am tossing around the idea of changing up my main play area.... I am unsure what I would like to use though... I have thought of a playhouse, a small little tikes fold up play set with a hoop and slide and mini climber..... etc..... currently I have a lakeshore waterfall tumbler and a huge anatex rollercoaster table for the main centerpieces.... generally is used very little.... any suggestions would be appreciated.
cheerfuldom 06:30 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by lflick:
Hello,

I am tossing around the idea of changing up my main play area.... I am unsure what I would like to use though... I have thought of a playhouse, a small little tikes fold up play set with a hoop and slide and mini climber..... etc..... currently I have a lakeshore waterfall tumbler and a huge anatex rollercoaster table for the main centerpieces.... generally is used very little.... any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have a small climber/slide I can put in the play room as well as a small trampoline with a handle on it. I dont use a playhouse because the kids always fought over that, shoving other kids in or out of the house and shutting the door on little fingers. I also have a small little tikes type teeter tooter.
coolconfidentme 06:47 AM 01-17-2014
I have an indoor kitchen, Little Tikes (tender heart) Vanity, Step 2 slide inside & big wheel riding toys. The first floor is all DC & we have ride time.
Kimskiddos 07:00 AM 01-17-2014
I have a small little tykes cube climber with slide inside and it gets played w/on every single day. I've had it for over 20 years!
craftymissbeth 08:51 AM 01-17-2014
I have the Step2 Clubhouse in my living room. It gets played with more than anything else. I also have a Little Tikes (I think) slide that was inside for awhile before I moved it to the backyard.

http://www.step2.com/p/My-Clubhouse

butterfly 10:30 AM 01-17-2014
I just added a playhouse here with the first of the year. The kids absolutely LOVE it!! The first week, they could have cared less if I were even here. They had such a blast. I had 8 little ones squish into it and played so wonderfully. It's been bitterly cold here, so it's been a life saver to have something new to occupy their time.

I have on a couple occasions turned the playhouse so they couldn't get into it since there seemed to be several squabbles over it, so I just removed it from play for the rest of the day and started fresh the next day. And then everyone played beautifully again.

That playhouse has sparked so much imagination to their play. It's so fun to hear what the other toys become when they are playing in/with the playhouse.

Best $40 I spent this year. I got it on clearance from Walmart.
SSWonders 10:35 AM 01-17-2014
I have one of the school quality ball pits, hippity hop type bouncing balls and the Little Tykes school bus slide. Honestly, they spend more time playing with those things than any of the quieter types of toys. The ball pit was a spurge but it totally saves my sanity, and theirs, during those long New England winters.
Blackcat31 10:52 AM 01-17-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I have a small little tykes cube climber with slide inside and it gets played w/on every single day. I've had it for over 20 years!
Same here. I keep the climber in the toddler room because they can't always go outside when they need to get their energy used up.

My bigger kids get to dance with a Dance with me Video Player but otherwise, they go outside for large motor activities.
lflick 11:12 AM 01-17-2014
What are your thoughts on something like this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tik...ingMethod=p13n

lflick 11:13 AM 01-17-2014
Or I have also considered this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-All-...ingMethod=p13n

butterfly 11:18 AM 01-17-2014
What are your thoughts on something like this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Tik...ingMethod=p13n
I have this exact one outdoors. Holds up great, but I wouldn't ever put it indoors with my group of kids. They are constantly standing at the top and jumping off it to the ground. They are climbing up the slide while a little one is trying to slide down. I was on the verge of removing it from even my outdoor space. I think it would be great for 1 year olds and maybe 2 year olds, but my 3 year olds can't play with it appropriately. Maybe you have a calmer group than me.
lflick 02:24 PM 01-17-2014
HAHA I have 3 boys starting soon ages 2,2, and 3 so I doubt it hahaha
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:43 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I want this one, the old style and can't find it anywhere! Most of the used ones I've seen lately are pretty worn or snatched up quickly. I can't seem to find anything super similar to buy new.
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
I want this one, the old style and can't find it anywhere! Most of the used ones I've seen lately are pretty worn or snatched up quickly. I can't seem to find anything super similar to buy new.
You can buy it right from Little Tikes

http://www.littletikes.com/climbers/...-gym/invt/4139

It's usually out of stock around the holidays but they carry it as a classic toy since it's so popular! I have one I keep in my infant/toddler room in the winter months. It was one of the best purchases I've ever made as it's played with by all ages.

I think you can get signed up on an e-mail list and they will notify you when it is back in stock.
debbiedoeszip 08:33 AM 12-03-2016
I have a small climber/slide, and a ride-on for each of the three kids I regularly have (room is 30'x15'). I also want to get one of those cloth tunnels. I think the 14 month old will love it. I also have dolly strollers and I want to get a couple of play grocery carts. Dh jokingly suggested creating a rock wall in the room. Yeah, I don't think so.
debbiedoeszip 08:40 AM 12-03-2016
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I have this exact one outdoors. Holds up great, but I wouldn't ever put it indoors with my group of kids. They are constantly standing at the top and jumping off it to the ground. They are climbing up the slide while a little one is trying to slide down. I was on the verge of removing it from even my outdoor space. I think it would be great for 1 year olds and maybe 2 year olds, but my 3 year olds can't play with it appropriately. Maybe you have a calmer group than me.
I have almost that exact same climber (minus the wheel at the top) in our indoor play area. It does take more supervision when they use it but they love it so much and it's so good for them that I wouldn't remove it. I just put a chair next to it and sit there to supervise. I tell DH that I feel like a traffic cop or a ride operator at the fair when it's being used LOL.

I let them jump off it or slide in "risky" ways. It's so low to the floor that they won't be seriously injured, and I've placed foam tiles under and around it. I only let one kid at a time on it though, and they have to move away after they have jumped or slid so that the next child can have a turn. It's been the most valuable addition to the playroom so far.
debbiedoeszip 08:43 AM 12-03-2016
Or I have also considered this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-All-...ingMethod=p13n

I'm in Canada and I'm soooo jealous of the prices at your walmart. That one would be double the price, at least. Sooooooo jealous.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:44 PM 12-05-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You can buy it right from Little Tikes

http://www.littletikes.com/climbers/...-gym/invt/4139

It's usually out of stock around the holidays but they carry it as a classic toy since it's so popular! I have one I keep in my infant/toddler room in the winter months. It was one of the best purchases I've ever made as it's played with by all ages.

I think you can get signed up on an e-mail list and they will notify you when it is back in stock.

I was thinking more along the lines of this thing: http://amysweetystore.blogspot.com/2...cube-with.html

We had when in the daycare I attended (ah!) in the late 80's/early 90's and it was the most versatile and played on apparatus. And yes, she had it inside, and it was awesome. I am going to have the room now for one, so I got all excited but can't find it .
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 02:50 PM 12-05-2016
Just re-read my original post/response and realized I mis-read the post I was responding to. She did say it was a small cube climber.
lovemydaycare0912 02:53 PM 12-05-2016
I have a little tykes slide along with a bunch of the cool foamnasium vinyl toys. They're good for gross motor activity while inside. I also have a Little Tykes kitchen set but I want a new one already. I wanted a cube playhouse but couldn't justify that I had enough space. Of course I just ordered last night the climbing purple caterpillar which is probably longer than the playhouse. But it was on sale for $165. Today it went up to $207. Still a good price considering its usually over $300.
Tags:indoor play, indoor play equipment, indoor playground
Reply Up