Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Certified Letter
amberrose3dg 10:53 AM 09-26-2018
Anyone knows what happens when you mail a certified letter and a daycare parent refuses it?
I sent one for non-payment and of course they will not sign for it. I plan to turn it over to collections but is the refusal of not signing ok or will they expect them to be served with it?
Unregistered 11:38 AM 09-26-2018
A refusal to accept a certified letter is still accepted in a court proceeding. You should have gotten the letter back, just bring the unopened refusal with you to court. You notified them , they refused, you followed proper channels.
MarinaVanessa 01:33 PM 09-26-2018
The letter will be returned to you and it will have a PO stamp to show that it went through the postal service. Them refusing it doesn't mean anything, you can still use the letter in small claims court as proof that you sent it or as proof to a collection agency.
amberrose3dg 03:58 PM 09-26-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
The letter will be returned to you and it will have a PO stamp to show that it went through the postal service. Them refusing it doesn't mean anything, you can still use the letter in small claims court as proof that you sent it or as proof to a collection agency.
Thanks ladies !
amberrose3dg 03:19 AM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Thanks ladies !
These parents are a trip. So the one texts me after changing her number.Saying I have to serve her at her new address. ( i sent her to and her husbands address) The letter was forwarded there. He refused it at his address so post office forwarded it and tried to deliver it there. I said where is your new address and she refuses to give it to me and said to serve it where I had sent it.
I have proof in the text she owes the money and she refuses to be served. People aren't too bright are they.
The kicker she got state aid when they split up and she tried skipping out on her bill. Guess who is calling the state this morning.
Tags:childcare associations, collections, provider watch, providerwatch, small claims, small claims court
Reply Up