Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tax Question
CountryRoads 01:21 PM 01-20-2021
Dcm gave me some extra money as a Christmas gift. Do I include that amount on their tax receipt?
Cat Herder 01:39 PM 01-20-2021
My understanding is that we can gift cash to anyone we want and they do not have to report it unless it is over $15,000.
MyAngels 02:54 PM 01-20-2021
Hopefully Tom will chime in with the correct answer, but I do not include it on a parent's end of year total, but I do include it as income. I know Tom wrote about it in a blog, so maybe look there and see what he says.
CountryRoads 12:51 PM 01-21-2021
Thanks guys!

Another question...
Is there a certain date we need to give them the tax receipts by? I'll have them done within the next few days, but it's my understanding that we're not required to do them at all?

I've got a former dcm that keeps asking when I'll get them done, so I want to make sure that I'm not missing a legal deadline or something??
Cat Herder 01:02 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Thanks guys!

Another question...
Is there a certain date we need to give them the tax receipts by? I'll have them done within the next few days, but it's my understanding that we're not required to do them at all?

I've got a former dcm that keeps asking when I'll get them done, so I want to make sure that I'm not missing a legal deadline or something??
We do have to provide them once they ask.

Many people file their taxes now to avoid all the delays that are coming.
Tags:cash gifts, gifts, tax advice
Reply Up