Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>March Preschool Plans
kcnjason 08:38 PM 03-06-2012
I have been trying to make our own curriculum/daily plans rather than purchasing a curriculum. I was wondering if anybody makes their own lesson plans/daily plans/ curriculum and if you would be willing to share what you have for the month of March?
Do you have a "blank" calendar and write on each day what you are doing? I get all confused with my papers and have an issue keeping straight what I'm doing day to day. I'm really hoping that someone is willing to share their curriculum they use.
Beach Baby 08:56 PM 03-06-2012
I don't have a curriculum written down as I am currently only watching one toddler one day a week. Once I open the daycare, I would like to have some lesson plans planned out. I am play based, which of course is child led. So that may differ from what you do, but either way, I wanted to say that perhaps a lesson planner like teachers use would help you get organized?
WImom 04:47 AM 03-07-2012
March -
5 Senses
St Patty's
Rain and Rainbows (learning the color order and colors in spanish)
Opposites
melskids 04:34 AM 03-08-2012
I use an emergent curriculum, so I don't always know what the "theme" is going to be until it happens....lol

The kids usually help me with the beginning of planning. We use a web to come up with ideas. For example, the kids have been really into playing "garbage man". So, we have started to plan for ideas on how to expand on this subject. We talk about the subject and together, we come up with questions we want to find answers to and learn about. I usually do it on a big sheet of paper on the easel so the kids can see it better.

So far, it looks like this.....

001.jpg

Then, I add ideas to the web as we go along or I use this to jot down my ideas and how I am going to incorporate the different areas...like art, math, etc.

002.jpg

Its not perfect, but its what works for us!
Attached:
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 03-08-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
I use an emergent curriculum, so I don't always know what the "theme" is going to be until it happens....lol

The kids usually help me with the beginning of planning. We use a web to come up with ideas. For example, the kids have been really into playing "garbage man". So, we have started to plan for ideas on how to expand on this subject. We talk about the subject and together, we come up with questions we want to find answers to and learn about. I usually do it on a big sheet of paper on the easel so the kids can see it better.

So far, it looks like this.....

Attachment 884

Then, I add ideas to the web as we go along or I use this to jot down my ideas and how I am going to incorporate the different areas...like art, math, etc.

Attachment 885

Its not perfect, but its what works for us!
Ah, webs & wheels! LOL!! We spent so much time doing them in class that I swore I never wanted to see one ever again......... ......but darn it, they are so useful and helpful that they are an absolute necessity!
Reply Up