Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Kind Of Potty Seat Do You Use?
wahmof3 05:38 AM 01-03-2013
I have a potty seat that sits on top of the toilet seat and hangs on my cabinet next to the toilet.

It never fails that when the kids use it there is pee all over the toilet seat and it collects in the potty seat rim. When I remove it to hang it up, even after wiping it off pee drips on my floor.

Any suggestions?
LaLa1923 05:42 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
I have a potty seat that sits on top of the toilet seat and hangs on my cabinet next to the toilet.

It never fails that when the kids use it there is pee all over the toilet seat and it collects in the potty seat rim. When I remove it to hang it up, even after wiping it off pee drips on my floor.

Any suggestions?
Yes! There's a better way! Lol, sorry, I was picturing those dramatic infomercials.... I felt like I struck gold at HOme Depot ! They have a wooden toilet seat that also has a toddler seat built right in. It's much easier to clean and really doesn't add much more bulk than a regular seat. You just put the smaller seat up and down when u need it and when you're done. The bigger seat is below it. Walmart sells a plastic one but its very bulky and not very comfortable if you need to use the bigger seat ....
Blackcat31 05:43 AM 01-03-2013
Honestly, I feel like I have tried them all. Last year I ditched the potty chair all together. I just bought a simple step stool and encourage the kids to just use the big potty without any kind of smaller seat or accessory.

So far it has worked out fine. #4 is training right now and has no issues. He does climb up and sit backwards on the toilet though so his aim is much more accurate than standing.
wahmof3 05:49 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Yes! There's a better way! Lol, sorry, I was picturing those dramatic infomercials.... I felt like I struck gold at HOme Depot ! They have a wooden toilet seat that also has a toddler seat built right in. It's much easier to clean and really doesn't add much more bulk than a regular seat. You just put the smaller seat up and down when u need it and when you're done. The bigger seat is below it. Walmart sells a plastic one but its very bulky and not very comfortable if you need to use the bigger seat ....
OOOO your infomercial sold me!!

I have seen those at walmart! I completely forgot about them! I will have to check out the ones at home depot- THANKS!
wahmof3 05:55 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Honestly, I feel like I have tried them all. Last year I ditched the potty chair all together. I just bought a simple step stool and encourage the kids to just use the big potty without any kind of smaller seat or accessory.

So far it has worked out fine. #4 is training right now and has no issues. He does climb up and sit backwards on the toilet though so his aim is much more accurate than standing.
<

I have thought about this and tried it on a couple of kids and they look petrified when they sit on the seat-

I currently have one that is "training" right now. The rest of them use the toilet without a potty seat. Maybe I will give it a try and see how it goes. This would be the most cost effective way.
DCMom 05:55 AM 01-03-2013

Same here. I always have someone who is PTing and I just got so tired of cleaning up things associated with it!

Boys sit backwards; it's an easy transition to standing for them and improves aiming. Girls balance with the stool at their feet for support. I have elongated style toilet seats, so it is a bit easier for them.

It has cut down on my time spent in the bathroom cleaning!
LaLa1923 06:20 AM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
<

I have thought about this and tried it on a couple of kids and they look petrified when they sit on the seat-

I currently have one that is "training" right now. The rest of them use the toilet without a potty seat. Maybe I will give it a try and see how it goes. This would be the most cost effective way.

I agree! I mainly got it by the bigger seat can look scary to a little one just starting out.. My youngest ds wouldn't use the big potty, and I think the little potty you can buy becomes a game. He used it after it didn't look so big and I got the potty seAt....
e.j. 11:31 AM 01-03-2013
He does climb up and sit backwards on the toilet though so his aim is much more accurate than standing.
Years ago, the grandparent of one of my dc kids told me she trained her kids by having them sit backwards on the toilet. I have done it ever since with both girls and boys and it works great for both. Their balance seems better when they sit backwards so they don't get as nervous. Eventually, they either learn to stand or sit forwards but initially, this really does seem to help with potty training and clean up issues.
MarinaVanessa 12:26 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I just saw these too!! I read the thread and was going to recommend this ... I'm soooo getting one. My husband even thought they were cool.
WImom 01:14 PM 01-03-2013
I have the seat that has an attached smaller seat. Best thing ever!!
Michael 02:04 PM 01-03-2013
I see Home Depot has the plastic ones but the wooden one online did not have the extra potty seat:

Tags:potty chair
Reply Up