Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Make Me A Bad Person?
Unregistered 07:32 AM 10-08-2018
I have a family that has caused me major stress and problems since day one. Their last day is Thursday - WOO HOO!!!!!!
I have this wonderful vision where I tell them off on their last day. I tell them how fair I was to them and how I bent over backwards for them, just have to have them constantly complain. I tell them that all the bad talking they did got back to me, that they were nothing but a problem for me and I am so glad to be done with them.
A girl can dream, right?!
Blackcat31 07:49 AM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a family that has caused me major stress and problems since day one. Their last day is Thursday - WOO HOO!!!!!!
I have this wonderful vision where I tell them off on their last day. I tell them how fair I was to them and how I bent over backwards for them, just have to have them constantly complain. I tell them that all the bad talking they did got back to me, that they were nothing but a problem for me and I am so glad to be done with them.
I don't think it makes you a bad person, I'm sure every provider at one time or another has felt that way for sure.

Glad you are almost done providing services to a family that stresses you out... that is tough for anyone.
Gemma 08:53 AM 10-08-2018
I agree with BC and I'm happy for you that won't have to deal with them anymore.
Josiegirl 09:46 AM 10-08-2018
Glad your stressful dcf is almost outta there!! Imagine life after they leave. Peaceful, joyful, ahhhhhh I can hear your stress drifting away already.
e.j. 10:03 AM 10-08-2018
I think we've probably all had that fantasy at one time or another. It's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, isn't it? I bet you can't wait until Thursday evening!
MarinaVanessa 10:12 AM 10-08-2018
Not a bad person at all. Just don't actually do it

Write out a well-worded letter where you get it out. Print it. Read it out loud to yourself. Have a nice tall glass of wine. And then burn the letter. It will make you feel so much better.
knoxmomof2 12:18 PM 10-08-2018
Nope, we've all been there. Congrats! 😂
Rockgirl 02:34 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Not a bad person at all. Just don't actually do it

Write out a well-worded letter where you get it out. Print it. Read it out loud to yourself. Have a nice tall glass of wine. And then burn the letter. It will make you feel so much better.
This actually does help!
Leigh 05:59 PM 10-08-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hopefully, the parents will tell you that they will miss you. Then, you can cheerfully respond "and I'd LIKE to say the same to you!" with a smile on your face.
Pestle 06:24 AM 10-09-2018
Fantasizing about telling people is maybe the most universal of human behaviors. When our ancestors crawled out of the primordial ooze, they probably paused to imagine what they REALLY should have said to Mrs. Sneed-Hawthorne in the other pool of goo before they left.
Ariana 10:23 AM 10-09-2018
I have been there sooooo many times! I am lucky because I get ENORMOUS satisfaction from being uber fakey nice to annoying people.

“Oh little johnny I sure am gonna miss you, all the best now...buh bye” and then slam the door! I usually do a little something special for good families when they leave but not for these clowns!
Tags:client - leaving, dreaming, stress
Reply Up