Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fence Solution?
DaycareMama 02:59 PM 02-18-2011
I am looking for an alternative to fencing. My yard is on a road that I would like to block off so that the kids are safe. Its only one side of my yard and no longer then maybe 50 feet if that. Problem is to put a fence up is exspensive even though its so small and we would rather not invest anymore into this home since we want to move. Im wondering if anyone has tried the retractable fencing or maybe knows of a cheaper strudy alternative?
Danielle 03:55 PM 02-18-2011
I worked at a church's summer camp for a few years and they used the retractable fencing. It worked very well.
heyhun77 09:57 PM 02-18-2011
If you don't care all that much about how it looks you could use snow fencing (plastic mesh-like) and then to add something to make it look better you could plant viney plants like green beans or peas and make it a climbing garden. The other thing would be if you aren't required to have an actual fence you could get shrubs to plant along that part to make a natural boundary. You can get fence pannels at lowes for not a whole lot and you just have to put in the main posts. Just check with your zoning laws before you go cementing in posts or planting shrubs to make sure there aren't any set back rules or anything.
Tags:fencing
Reply Up