Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nannyde Re: Your Rate Structure
MNmamaOf4 03:17 PM 10-24-2011
Hi. I'm working on my PHB for the first of the year and since I want a few things changed before I add new families, I keep seeing people refer to your rate structure and I know I've seen it before, but it's been a long time, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
nannyde 03:51 PM 10-24-2011
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...light=overtime
MNmamaOf4 03:54 PM 10-24-2011
Thank you!
AfterSchoolMom 05:34 PM 10-24-2011
Nanny, I've always wondered - do you have many families that initially try to negotiate your fees? What do you say to them if they do?
nannyde 06:24 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Nanny, I've always wondered - do you have many families that initially try to negotiate your fees? What do you say to them if they do?
No

They do change their schedules to get the cheaper rate but they don't ask for a discount on the rates.

I've had families that start out wanting a five p.m. departure and change it to a three p.m. departure to get the price down forty bucks a week. Then as they progress in their jobs they almost always ask for a later pick up. I don't have to discuss money with them because they know before they ask what the rate will go to.

Having set fees based on time and offering that rate for the five years they are here seems to work great for keeping the money convos simple.
Tags:nannyde, rate -structure, rates, rates - fair and reasonable
Reply Up