Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate Schedule Similar To Nannyde's?
MNMum 11:47 AM 01-20-2012
I'm wondering if anyone does a similar rate schedule to Nannyde's? I'm thinking about introducing one to my daycare families. Did anyone change to this method after having a "normal" fee? I'm finding I would rather charge for the services the family is using. For example, I have two families that contract with me for only 2 days per week. One is requiring I open a full hour earlier while the other doesn't get their child here until an hour after I normally open. But I am charging both the same amount. I'm thinking I would like to charge a core rate that everyone must pay, and then it increases on either end if you need longer care. In a perfect world, I would work 9-3:30. hahaha! So, I'm thinking that would be my base rate. Even if you don't get here until 10. All of my families, do have the ability to flex their work schedules and may do so, if I put a monetary incentive to it.
wdmmom 11:51 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
I'm wondering if anyone does a similar rate schedule to Nannyde's? I'm thinking about introducing one to my daycare families. Did anyone change to this method after having a "normal" fee? I'm finding I would rather charge for the services the family is using. For example, I have two families that contract with me for only 2 days per week. One is requiring I open a full hour earlier while the other doesn't get their child here until an hour after I normally open. But I am charging both the same amount. I'm thinking I would like to charge a core rate that everyone must pay, and then it increases on either end if you need longer care. In a perfect world, I would work 9-3:30. hahaha! So, I'm thinking that would be my base rate. Even if you don't get here until 10. All of my families, do have the ability to flex their work schedules and may do so, if I put a monetary incentive to it.
I just started this. I now charge according to the departure time. I am not changing existing clients rates. This is for any newcomers to the daycare in 2012. Once the 3 older kids leave (this July & August) I intend to provide a letter to each family indicating the new rate schedule.
Tags:nannyde, rate schedule, rates
Reply Up