Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Undies Over Pull Ups?

Anyone ever tried this? I have a girl who is potty training. Mom takes her to the potty once every hour or two at home, and she'll go potty on command. Yes, I know this means MOM is trained (because the 2 year old doesn't verbalize that she has to go). Regardless, she wears undies at home and has maybe 1 accident a day at home. that's on the weekends, so she doesn't spend much time at home (She's with me 7am-5pm during the week). I make her wear pull ups since she obviously isn't trained. However, I think she could be potty trained with a little effort. I can't have her peeing everywhere though. She knows she can't pee in her big girl undies but she knows it doesn't matter in pulls ups. she actually dislikes pull ups and asks for her big girl panties.

So, the question: Do you think I can trick her into not peeing in the pull up if she wears big girl undies over them?? Obviously we still need to work on the "I need to go potty idea", but I thought maybe this would be a motivating step. Ok, go ahead. Tell me if I'm crazy.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Panties UNDER pullups

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22 View Post
Anyone ever tried this? I have a girl who is potty training. Mom takes her to the potty once every hour or two at home, and she'll go potty on command. Yes, I know this means MOM is trained (because the 2 year old doesn't verbalize that she has to go). Regardless, she wears undies at home and has maybe 1 accident a day at home. that's on the weekends, so she doesn't spend much time at home (She's with me 7am-5pm during the week). I make her wear pull ups since she obviously isn't trained. However, I think she could be potty trained with a little effort. I can't have her peeing everywhere though. She knows she can't pee in her big girl undies but she knows it doesn't matter in pulls ups. she actually dislikes pull ups and asks for her big girl panties.

So, the question: Do you think I can trick her into not peeing in the pull up if she wears big girl undies over them?? Obviously we still need to work on the "I need to go potty idea", but I thought maybe this would be a motivating step. Ok, go ahead. Tell me if I'm crazy.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
Panties UNDER pullups
Have you done this before??
Old 10-26-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22 View Post
Have you done this before??
Every kid, every time. I used to use plastic or rubber pants. But since the invention of pullups, I put them over unders just like plastic pants. I refuse to allow them to pee in my house.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
Panties UNDER pullups
Yes this. Panties first then pull up

Different feeling against the tushie
Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

That seems obvious now that you guys say it! (Never potty trained a kid before by the way...this is new to me). I'll give it a try. Now if I could only get her to tell me when she has to go! Even in pull ups, she always tells me right after or while she's going. I guess we are getting there.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

tell parents to do the same
also make sure you guys are both using the same system, procedures and words..

for example, if mom is using do you need to peepee and you said do you have to go to the toilet, this can confuse them..

or maybe you sit her on the pot and stay, while mom leaves the bathroom..

talk to the parents in detail of how they are doing it....
Old 10-26-2011, 06:01 PM

pull up OVER undies...she will still feel wet, and you wont have pee everywhere...
Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 PM
False Sense Of Authority

I never saw the point in either of these. They may work...but I just never tried it.

Undies over pullups---no point at all, except at naptime. The panties are just decoration

Pullup over undies...it still amounts to wet clothing, in the event of accident, which is what Im trying to avoid...but it makes more sense than the first one.

So glad its once in a blue moon that I have to potty train, because I put my foot down about children moving up to me from the 2's class before being at least 80% trained. Ill allow pull-ups at nap, but not for long.

We currently have the mothers of an 18 and a 20 month old harrassing their teacher about potty training them because their tired of buying diapers. Um, sisters, get ready for at least 12-14 more months of diaper buying because we don't attempt to potty train that young.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

I'd say let mom keep working on it if she wants to let little Susie wear undies at home. Pullups all the way at daycare. No undies until she can tell you she has to go and no undies until she's accident free in pullups for a month. With undies inside the pullups, you're going to be dealing with a lot of wet/soiled undies.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'd say let mom keep working on it if she wants to let little Susie wear undies at home. Pullups all the way at daycare. No undies until she can tell you she has to go and no undies until she's accident free in pullups for a month. With undies inside the pullups, you're going to be dealing with a lot of wet/soiled undies.
I agree because I wouldn't want to deal with all those wet/soiled undies every day......... I'm too busy playing with my dck's

Tags
pull ups, undies, undies vs pull ups