Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>what should i do
Tarak 10:02 AM 10-30-2014
Hi All,
I have a 3 year old daycare boy, that has come to care with a baby bottle full of milk. I talked to mom the first day he showed up with it.

My handbook clearly states no candy/food or sippy cups in care as I provide it all.

This morning he came again with a bottle and sour patch kids at 7:30 in the morning. I don't know what else to say to mom, they just started 3 weeks ago.

The problem is child isn't handling me not letting him drink his "baba" so he is upset most of the day.

What do I do?
Thanks
CraftyMom 10:12 AM 10-30-2014
Keep doing what you are doing. Take it away when he walks in and hand it right back to mom saying "Here you go mom, no outside food or drinks remember?" "Dcb would you like a cup of milk? Have a good day mom"

Dcb will cry, but he will get over it.

Stick to your policies from the beginning. At 3 years old he doesn't need it anyway, but that's beside the point
Cat Herder 10:17 AM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Keep doing what you are doing. Take it away when he walks in and hand it right back to mom saying "Here you go mom, no outside food or drinks remember?" "Dcb would you like a cup of milk? Have a good day mom"

Dcb will cry, but he will get over it.

Stick to your policies from the beginning. At 3 years old he doesn't need it anyway, but that's beside the point

Or tell Mom "Do not bring this to my door again. It stays in the car or he can't stay. We have talked about this already. " give the and the awkward silence....

If mom has a tantrum, Mom can find other care.
TheGoodLife 10:31 AM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

Or tell Mom "Do not bring this to my door again. It stays in the car or he can't stay. We have talked about this already. " give the and the awkward silence....

If mom has a tantrum, Mom can find other care.
I agree, let mom know that she must take away the food and drinks before coming in, and can't be throwing a tantrum for it either. If she argues suggest not having it in the car to avoid the problem. Does he have developmental delays? I can't imagine a 3 year old referring to a bottle as a "baba", nonetheless drinking from one!
Tags:drop off behavior, the dynamic of bad behavior, the mommy loves baby show
Reply Up