Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Daycare Member

Default Spin Off On Facebook Topic...

So the facebook conversation got me thinking about another website that I frequent....Pinterest. I am not opposed to having daycare parents on my facebook page, but I do feel uncomfortable when they start following me on pinterest. My pinterest and facebook are not tied together. I don't pin anything odd, but pinterest is truly a very personal experience, so that bugs me a bit. Thoughts???? Do any of your parents follow you on Pinterest?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible View Post
So the facebook conversation got me thinking about another website that I frequent....Pinterest. I am not opposed to having daycare parents on my facebook page, but I do feel uncomfortable when they start following me on pinterest. My pinterest and facebook are not tied together. I don't pin anything odd, but pinterest is truly a very personal experience, so that bugs me a bit. Thoughts???? Do any of your parents follow you on Pinterest?
My PINTEREST is under a different name.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

Actually I have 2...they often repin my recipes or diy crafts. Once again I am an open book and I don't have any issues with it at all. I love pinterest!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 AM

I'm not too worried, really I have a so many boards and pins they wouldn't have time to go thru it all lol!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 AM

None of my parents are on Pinterest but if they were I'd feel a heck of a lot more comfortable having them there than on my facebook....at least on Pinterest I can control what is put out there whereas with facebook you're sort of at the mercy of anyone you friend. I am extremely choosey in that regard

(I didn't see the other thread but I do network with all of my parents on facebook, it's often times where I get my direct referrals....they'll get to talking about something awesome we did, or share a picture I shared with them of our day, and before I know it I'm getting 10 phone calls asking if I've got openings lol. I haven't paid for advertising in forever because of the wait list I've accrued through THEIR friends lists. Way more effective than spending money on a newspaper ad to attract a bunch of strangers I can't screen first ).
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't even think any of my families would think to look for me on Pinterest, in fact I never thought of it until you said it!

I've also never thought of looking up any of them there either, I mean I don't care what they are interested in for their home or for dinner that night either!

I'm not 100%, but can you adjust the name on your Pinterest account to a nickname even after it's created? That might save you having to worry about them finding you...if they were even looking!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 AM

I don't care if they follow me on pinterest, I even use my dc name on pinterest instead of my real name - I just hate that it may spoil some of our gifty crafts - because that's where all my ideas come from.

I have nothing to hide on pinterest at all - its all house decor/organizing, kids crafts and recipes!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM

I don't let them on my Facebook or pinterest. I feel like my personal life should be just that.