Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default How Do You Guys Vote?!

I had the most difficult time voting today. It's raining here, and is forty degrees. I only have 2 kids but they're here from 6:30 until 5:00. Then I have to take my kids to their after school activities. So I put the two babies in the car and after taking my own kids to school I went with the double stroller to vote.

Can we say inconvenient?! How do you do it? Do you have hours that allow you to go after daycare? Do you absentee vote? I'd love an easier way for four years from now!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:02 AM

I'm going today after my last daycare child is picked up. The poll is open until 7pm. I was counting on my husband to watch the kids while I went to vote; but he is working late tonight. I decided to take my kids with me as a learning experience for them.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM

Took my twins and my niece into the polling place and voted. Was real quick and easy actually. Which is good
Acts 13:22
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

ours is open til 8 and dh is off so I should be good.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Family Childcare Home

Our poll is open until 7pm also so I'll have no problem going after my last DCK gets picked up at 6pm. The hubby is staying with the kiddos ... he will vote right after he gets off of work at 4pm.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Our polling places are open from 7 am to 8 pm. I am only at work on Tuesdays from 7:30 until 4:30 so I have plenty of time.

Our community is really good at splitting up the polling sites so that none of the are overcrowded or too busy that it takes any more than a few minutes to be in and out.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I did early voting, but as it turned out, I don't have any kids today. We live in a small town, so even on election day, there aren't long lines to deal with here. That said, when I did early voting a couple of weeks ago, for the first time ever, I had to stand in line. It was only 3 or 4 people, but still a line.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Daycare Member

I usually go after the daycare kids are gone, though it is frustrating that by that time they are already calling alot of the results, so I feel like my vote doesn't really matter. I plan on doing absentee ballot for further elections. A daycare mom suggested it this morning and I wish I would of thought of it sooner. Frankly this year I feel extremely uninformed-not presidential, but state/local-so I don't feel comfortable voting this year. It has been a weird election year around here.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

I plan on going after work but dh gets off at 3 so he will vote and then likely come home and volunteer to take over for me so I can go vote. I need to get there before 5 to avoid long lines. We have one polling place and 2 lines for 2 wards.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ours is opened until 7pm so after my dcm comes (after her dad and her vote) I will run down there and do it. It should not take them very long since we are a very small community.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Mostly lurking member

absentee ballot....that way I can look up online any issues that i have questions on, I do it at my leasure and in the privacy of my own home. This is the first time I did it and I will be doing it this way from now on.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM

I should add that my DH has an over the road job so I'm basically a single parent until Thanksgiving. I don't want my kids to miss out on their after school activities just because I have to vote, so that's my problem. Doing it on my own. Glad to see that it's not affecting too many other people though. It's just poor circumstances for me today!

Both babies are starting colds and I didn't want to make them worse by putting them in the cold rain, and my evening is completely booked. Oh well! It's done, it was tough but that's the gig I guess!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 AM

DH and I voted Friday at the early voting center in my city. Basically it's absentee voting. Worked out well for us; we only have one car and he works until seven tongith.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'll go tonight sometime. DD has dance, so I will probably drive by on the way to drop her off to check out the line. If I can get it done while she's there, I'll do that, otherwise I guess when she is done she can wait with me! I think they are open until 8.

This morning I thought about loading up the babies in the stroller and having the others (3 of them) walk with me, but we just made it around the block and that took 30 minutes. The mile walk to the polling place in the wind/rain/cold definitely wasn't happening.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM

I have low numbers today-so going to the polls was our field trip My oldest dd's came along and helped with the kids too.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Trix are for kids

I either use an early mail-in ballot or take it to a polling place once everyone goes home. I'm only contracted until 5:30 pm and our polling place is practically walking distance. They are open until 7:00 pm, so I will just drop it off after I serve the family dinner.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM

Early Voting.

I went last Saturday.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Advanced Daycare Member

Absentee every year, so easy!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Nature Lover

We never get our ballots in the mail anymore and I can't find my voters card so I don't know if I can even vote.

There is soooooooooooo much on our ballots though I don't understand or even know what the majority of them are for.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Chaos Coordinator :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
There is soooooooooooo much on our ballots though I don't understand or even know what the majority of them are for.
I hear ya! Plus I hate when certain measures mix up the yes/no votes: like a yes vote means the law will stay the same, no means it will change? Huh? shouldn't it be yes i want to change it or no I don't? its like they are purposely trying to trick you!

We get ours in the mail so ours have been done and returned for a few weeks. phew! I'm sick of all the ads and mailers!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

As soon as the last child gets picked up! Hopefully by 6:30....
Old 11-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
We never get our ballots in the mail anymore and I can't find my voters card so I don't know if I can even vote.

Vote411.org can help with this.

It is by the League of Women Voters Education Fund and is non-partisan.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Our polling places are open from 7 am to 8 pm. I am only at work on Tuesdays from 7:30 until 4:30 so I have plenty of time.

Our community is really good at splitting up the polling sites so that none of the are overcrowded or too busy that it takes any more than a few minutes to be in and out.
Same here, although I worked until 5:30. I was surprised that there were only a couple people in line in front of me just after 5:30.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 PM

they are open till 8pm here - not an issue going after daycare hours are over.

Tags
politics, vote