Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Family Daycare Real Estate in So. California
KarenLittlefield 02:06 PM 01-24-2013
Good afternoon providers! I have been a family child care provider for 20 years in Orange, CA (Orange County). I am also a realtor who specializes in the purchase and sale of daycare homes.

I have a working knowledge of Title 22 requirements and the specific zoning for the various cities. If you are looking for the perfect home for your business or want to expand to the large license in a larger home, contact me. I work diligently to provide you with the best possible service.

I'd love to help you find exactly what you need. In addition, I provide gifts for your business at the close of our transaction(s). I'm here to help you because I understand what you need. I'm a provider too!
daycare 02:07 PM 01-24-2013
Originally Posted by KarenLittlefield:
Good afternoon providers! I have been a family child care provider for 20 years in Orange, CA (Orange County). I am also a realtor who specializes in the purchase and sale of daycare homes.

I have a working knowledge of Title 22 requirements and the specific zoning for the various cities. If you are looking for the perfect home for your business or want to expand to the large license in a larger home, contact me. I work diligently to provide you with the best possible service.

I'd love to help you find exactly what you need. In addition, I provide gifts for your business at the close of our transaction(s). I'm here to help you because I understand what you need. I'm a provider too!
im a little lost..... In CA you can't do daycare out of a home you don't live in. So what exactly are you offering?
KarenLittlefield 02:19 PM 01-24-2013
I understand all of the licensing requirements. Many people attend the licensing orientation, but then don't have the space to run a family child care our of their current living situation. For example, providing child care in apartments and condominiums can often be difficult for various reasons. People may choose to find a house that they specifically intend to purchase for a family child care. I can help them locate the right area where they have more chances of filling spaces as well as assist them with possible zoning situations such as city parking ordinances, homeowners associations regulations and fire department clearances. Or, in the case of multi-generational homes, some folks will opt to search for their own property. Again, this would be with the intention of opening a family child care business.

However, with my experience as a provider, I have the uniqueness of helping professionals locate the most perfect home for their business. In addition, I have been a child care consultant for many years and can assist them with getting started. My services are awesome for new or potential providers as well as those looking to expand. All licensing requirements must be met.
KarenLittlefield 02:21 PM 01-24-2013
I am fully aware of all of the requirements of operating a family child care home in California.

Yes, you would live in the home and run your business in it. You would need to apply for a new license if you decide to make a move.
daycare 02:29 PM 01-24-2013
sorry I am a little slower than most..

sounds like you do a great thing. I am no longer in so cali but wish you lots of luck
KarenLittlefield 02:32 PM 01-24-2013
Hahahaha! It's all good Thanks for the question. I welcome any questions, any time. Have a wonderful day!

[email protected]
DRE#01785089
AnythingsPossible 11:47 AM 01-25-2013
What an interesting service to provide! We used to live in Yorba Linda, but moved away 11 years ago to be back near family. I miss California badly! Maybe I could convince the husband to move back, tell him I found a realtor that specializes in daycare houses, though I doubt that would be a draw for him!
KarenLittlefield 09:01 PM 02-01-2013
The demand for child care has dramatically increased in North Orange County! I struggled in Orange for a couple of years, but I've been full with a waiting list for over a year now! If you ever consider returning to CA, let me know. I can help you find the perfect daycare house and help you market your business so you fill up quickly. Happy weekend to you
Reply Up