Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do you buy jarred food or make baby food?
preschoolteacher 12:20 PM 04-24-2014
I have an 8 month old coming here soon... and in my other post, I mentioned I haven't had a baby here before. SO... do you buy jarred baby food or make it? I don't really want to buy jarred since I was feeding my son finger foods at 8 months or I would just mash stuff up. What do you think?
Jack Sprat 12:22 PM 04-24-2014
I made my own for my kids, so when dcg is ready I will make hers as well. I just don't like the idea of paying for something I can easily make myself.
nothingwithoutjoy 12:23 PM 04-24-2014
Make it--absolutely.
Meyou 12:23 PM 04-24-2014
I don't buy it. I just mush up what the other kids are having as needed.
Cradle2crayons 01:11 PM 04-24-2014
I make my own for the most part based on what the others are eating.
Laurel 02:50 PM 04-24-2014
My parents bring their own until they are on table food and then I provide the food. Most bring jars but a few bring homemade. I buy some jars as 'spares'.

Laurel
sahm1225 04:54 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
My parents bring their own until they are on table food and then I provide the food. Most bring jars but a few bring homemade. I buy some jars as 'spares'.

Laurel
Me too. I will mush up bananas & veggies if I know they've had them before but most of the time the parents provide all meals until they are on table foods.
choirlady76 05:08 PM 04-24-2014
At my center, the parents can bring both but the center itself serves jarred.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:51 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:

Laurel
Yes, I should amend to say, I made baby food for babies who could eat what we were eating (i.e. I'm cooking a squash for the kids, I make a batch of squash puree while I'm at it--some for now, some for later). Otherwise it was up to parents to provide baby food.
Laurel 06:45 PM 04-24-2014
I do mash bananas as it is a good way to use up ripe bananas.

Laurel
Tags:baby food
Reply Up