Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh Please...
Unregistered 07:57 AM 06-17-2016
I just had a woman call me, claiming she had to get her kids put of their current dc situation. She said it was a real emergency. I said, okay, I am full but can get an assistant here and have more kids. I will give you 4 weeks to find appropriate dc. I told her this is at a wash for me, if not a loss, because of the assistant I have to hire.

She said she gets out of work at 3:30, can she come by then with her husband? No, I said, not with other dck's here. Privacy and all that. But I am open from 5-6 tonight for an interview.

She replies, "Oh, well then I'd like to do this Saturday." This glitter fiasco has special written all over it, and I'm doubting the emergency circumstances. 5-6 tonight, or nothing lady!

*Glitter fiasco is a sub for a curse word.
Thriftylady 07:59 AM 06-17-2016
Well from the start, I wouldn't hire a sub JUST to take on another family. To much can happen with new families, and if it costs me money if they flake out, it isn't going to happen. And if she can't interview when you have time available, it must not be that much of an emergency.
Unregistered 08:09 AM 06-17-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Well from the start, I wouldn't hire a sub JUST to take on another family. To much can happen with new families, and if it costs me money if they flake out, it isn't going to happen. And if she can't interview when you have time available, it must not be that much of an emergency.
Yeah, it only works because I have one already available looking for work. I'm sympathetic to REAL emergencies, and will take kids on in these situations, but....exactly! If it's an emergency, you make time.

I had a situation like that with my ds when he was little. You can bet I made time to interview when he needed a new dc right away.
AnythingsPossible 09:03 AM 06-17-2016
Just have to say......glitter fiasco

I am stealing that! Made my morning!
Unregistered 09:33 AM 06-17-2016
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Just have to say......glitter fiasco

I am stealing that! Made my morning!
I'm attempting to stop cursing. Glitter fiasco = poop storm. Fluffer nutter = the bad word.
Snowmom 09:35 AM 06-17-2016
Funny. Might have to use that!
Reply Up