Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Can I Bring
momofsix 04:50 AM 11-06-2012
Dcg early so I can go vote?"
Me "No problem! Make sure you sign the permission slip giving me permission to take her with me to vote!"
shelby 05:00 AM 11-06-2012
I know! I will have to make a mad dash to my polling spot after all mine are picked up this after noon... I have a feeling my will be voting before they come get them..
laundrymom 05:12 AM 11-06-2012
I say sure, for $15.00 an hour. That is considered drop in overtime.
littlemissmuffet 05:33 AM 11-06-2012
I would have honestly said "No Sue, you can't bring Sally early today. I am going to be taking all the DC kids with me to vote, so you will just have to take your own child when you go to vote. See you tomorrow at the usual time."

I can't believe how ridiculous parents are. I have had to take all five kiddos with me to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc ON FOOT, and these parents can't even let their OWN kids accompany them in the car ANYWHERE.
Mom&Provider 05:36 AM 11-06-2012

I get a kick out of this kind of thing every time!
countrymom 05:40 AM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I would have honestly said "No Sue, you can't bring Sally early today. I am going to be taking all the DC kids with me to vote, so you will just have to take your own child when you go to vote. See you tomorrow at the usual time."

I can't believe how ridiculous parents are. I have had to take all five kiddos with me to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc ON FOOT, and these parents can't even let their OWN kids accompany them in the car ANYWHERE.
I so agree with this. I just don't understand this.
youretooloud 06:24 AM 11-06-2012
I have NO kids here yet. I open at 7:00. I KNOW the parents are going to ask me if they can pick up the kids 30 minutes after I close so they can go vote. I'm going to say "no".

They could have dropped off at 7:00...voted before work, or gone to work early, and left early so they could vote. But, I don't want to work 30 minutes longer so they can vote without it interfering with their day. I want to go vote after work, then come home and make dinner for my family.
cheerfuldom 06:28 AM 11-06-2012
my assistant is here today and will cover me while i go vote. but yes, it is ridiculous how parents today plan all errands while kids are in daycare, as if they cannot take their ONE child anywhere. I go out to eat by myself with three kids under 5! I have taken two kids to a gyn. appt, LOL my kids have gone EVERYWHERE with me. yes its more work, but we are parents...what did you expect???
itlw8 06:50 AM 11-06-2012
I am NOT looking forward to waiting inline tonight. They better NOT be voting after work or I won't get there until the polls close. so when they call and are stuck in line... sorry NO I need to come vote also.
Springdaze 06:55 AM 11-06-2012
I would have said yes as long as they vote for who I want them to! why cant they take their kids, i take mine.
MarinaVanessa 07:22 AM 11-06-2012
I didn't have any ask me if they could drop off early so that they could vote. I did have 3 ask me if they could be late so that they could vote and I had to say no because ... um, I have to vote too.

I think clients sometimes forget that we do normal people stuff too ... like vote, run errands, have weekend get-togethers, get tired , sleep and well have a life .
youretooloud 07:32 AM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I didn't have any ask me if they could drop off early so that they could vote. I did have 3 ask me if they could be late so that they could vote and I had to say no because ... um, I have to vote too.

I think clients sometimes forget that we do normal people stuff too ... like vote, run errands, have weekend get-togethers, get tired , sleep and well have a life .

I had one dad ask already, and when I said "no", he asked "WHy didn't you vote early?" I just cocked my head to the side waiting for him to realize... "Oh.. Why didn't WE vote early..huh?"
littlemissmuffet 07:38 AM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I had one dad ask already, and when I said "no", he asked "WHy didn't you vote early?" I just cocked my head to the side waiting for him to realize... "Oh.. Why didn't WE vote early..huh?"
Seriously? I would have replied with "Why do you think you have the right to speak that way to me? Tone it down."

Man, I hate people sometimes. What a jerk!
MarinaVanessa 08:43 AM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
OMG!! This exact same thing happened to me this morning!! EXACTLY!!! Only I answered him with "Why don't YOU vote early?" instead of him saying it .

I had one DCM harumphff at me when I said no and ask me who was watching my kids while I voted ... you know where this is headed right? . I told her my DH was staying with my kids and she asked if he could watch her son too. I said "Oh I don't know why don't you call him and ask him?" her response ... "nevermind" . I don't know why they bother to ask when they already know the answer.

The other DCM didn't mind so much that I said no. Just said that it was worth the shot lol.
shelby 08:46 AM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:

Ya, I was dumb enough to tell one of mine.. sure no problem ... than I thought.. what about me!
MarinaVanessa 09:11 AM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by shelby:
Ya, I was dumb enough to tell one of mine.. sure no problem ... than I thought.. what about me!
Take it as a learning experience. Next time you'll know better. It's good to prepare the next day in advance. I use a planner so that I can put everything in it that I need to and hope to do. I schedule groceries and errands in lol. This way if a client asks me to do special I can take a peek and see whether I can do it without inconveniencing myself or putting myself in a bad spot. Because sometimes you just forget about this stuff.
Reply Up