Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Did You Even Have Kids!??
Soccermom 09:56 AM 01-23-2014
So yesterday we had a Blizzard Warning and the weather was AWFUL! All my DCPS called to say the DCKS wouldn't be here since they were taking the day off from work due to the weather. All except for the family I have that both parents aren't working right now and haven't for about 4 months.

I assumed they surely would not be coming so got comfy on the couch with my own kids in our PJs when suddenly the door opens and in comes DCD with both kids in tow!!!!

I could not believe it!!

I said - I am sorry I am in PJs but the weather is so bad and since the two of you are home right now I automatically thought you would be keeping the kids home.

He told me the kids really wanted to come (Okay...sure they did!). I was so annoyed at missing out on a just me and the kids day that I just replied - Really, that is funny. Most kids love being able to stay home with Mom and Dad for the day.

I know it was rude but WTH!! DH came home from work at 3pm because all the businesses in the area were shut down but this DCD only showed up at 4h30 to pick his kids up!

I really want to term this family. I can't respect them or their parenting choices and it feels me with anger and frustration.

Last week they told me they would pick up the kids just after lunch so not to put DCB down for his nap.........I kept him up. They showed up at 4pm. I expressed my opinion about that and his excuse was - We were having such a nice time driving around the back country roads looking at all the flooding that we completely lost track of time.

How nice! Meanwhile I was here trying to keep your 2 year old quiet while the other DCKS slept.

I know this couple quite well but really just want to term anyway. I can't stand this anymore.
nannyde 10:18 AM 01-23-2014
How are they affording child care?
mountainside13 10:18 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
So yesterday we had a Blizzard Warning and the weather was AWFUL! All my DCPS called to say the DCKS wouldn't be here since they were taking the day off from work due to the weather. All except for the family I have that both parents aren't working right now and haven't for about 4 months.

I assumed they surely would not be coming so got comfy on the couch with my own kids in our PJs when suddenly the door opens and in comes DCD with both kids in tow!!!!

I could not believe it!!

I said - I am sorry I am in PJs but the weather is so bad and since the two of you are home right now I automatically thought you would be keeping the kids home.

He told me the kids really wanted to come (Okay...sure they did!). I was so annoyed at missing out on a just me and the kids day that I just replied - Really, that is funny. Most kids love being able to stay home with Mom and Dad for the day.

I know it was rude but WTH!! DH came home from work at 3pm because all the businesses in the area were shut down but this DCD only showed up at 4h30 to pick his kids up!

I really want to term this family. I can't respect them or their parenting choices and it feels me with anger and frustration.

Last week they told me they would pick up the kids just after lunch so not to put DCB down for his nap.........I kept him up. They showed up at 4pm. I expressed my opinion about that and his excuse was - We were having such a nice time driving around the back country roads looking at all the flooding that we completely lost track of time.

How nice! Meanwhile I was here trying to keep your 2 year old quiet while the other DCKS slept.

I know this couple quite well but really just want to term anyway. I can't stand this anymore.
Wow. I understand why you want to term. Some parents just don't get it
daycare 10:27 AM 01-23-2014
yeah what she said...how do they afford care if they are not working?
ColorfulSunburst 10:28 AM 01-23-2014
Why did you even have kids!??

"We were having such a nice time driving ... in the process making them ... that we completely lost track of time ... and forgot what we can get in 9 months after"

Soccermom 10:31 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
How are they affording child care?
I wonder that same thing...it is so odd.

DCM is on Mat leave for one year and DCD must be collecting unemployment since he was laid off from his job 4 months ago.

It is crazy to send your kids to daycare for an entire year just to save your spot if you can't afford to do it. I have even offered to allow them to go down to 1 or 2 days a week until next fall but they refused.
Soccermom 10:32 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by colorfulsunburst:
why did you even have kids!??

lmao!
My3cents 10:39 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
I wonder that same thing...it is so odd.

DCM is on Mat leave for one year and DCD must be collecting unemployment since he was laid off from his job 4 months ago.

It is crazy to send your kids to daycare for an entire year just to save your spot if you can't afford to do it. I have even offered to allow them to go down to 1 or 2 days a week until next fall but they refused.
here is the problem.....

explain to them that your a provider that provides care to parents who work or are in school and that if they are home they should be with their children parenting them. IF they would like to bring them once a week to hold a spot you are more then willing to do that but other then that the kids should be home and they will still have to pay to hold the spot. Your a provider not a babysitter. Don't allow them, make it mandatory that they parent their own kids because they can and are able.
Unregistered 10:45 AM 01-23-2014
I'm not really sure....Lately the way they've been behaving, I started to wonder!

Oh, lol you were talking about a DCParent! LOL

In all seriousness, i would bet money that:
1. You're right about the unemployment with dad
2. Welfare (Like Cash help) is involved
3. Someone is super nice to them (mom? dad? Brother?)
4. They got an inheritance
5. They are involved in something else
6. They won the lottery...lol

IDK how a parent could do that though, seriously. I try to get OUT of going places in snow, too.
melilley 10:54 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
Why did you even have kids!??

"We were having such a nice time driving ... in the process making them ... that we completely lost track of time ... and forgot what we can get in 9 months after"

melilley 10:59 AM 01-23-2014
Maybe dcd gets severance pay?

I don't get it either. I have a family that brings their child every single day they have off. We had a snow storm a few weeks ago and guess who showed up...even though dcm works for a preschool and they were closed.

I did get some good advice on here for parents like that though.
Parents are never going to change. There's always going to be that one family and I have to change my thinking and just not give a poo. After all, they do pay me. It's very hard to do and I struggle to do this, but I try. I don't offer care just when parents are working so I need to deal with it.
daycare 11:04 AM 01-23-2014
I have families that have their kids here full time and have a mother at home that does not work. I don't get it, but I am getting paid. I don't care as long as they follow my rules and pay on time.

However, I did have an issue with this past MLK day. I have a rule that if 3 or more families need to work that I will stay open. BUT these families have to sign up in advance and will be charged $50.00 fee per child for a no-show if I open up and they don't show up.

Of course one of my families that attends here full time that does not work requested to have her children come on MLK. I said sorry, you don't need it, it is only for working families. DCM understood and didn't bother with it again. BUT it does make me wonder why did you have kids if you never want to be with them? I guess some people just are not cut out to do the whole day stay at home mom thing.
daycarediva 11:08 AM 01-23-2014
IF I have a random day off (for an appt or something) I am the mom who will keep my kids home from school, or go pick them up early to do lunch and spend the day together.

I guess that's why I provide child care.
rosieteddy 11:44 AM 01-23-2014
This reasoning ,on parents part is the reason I have so many rules.I now take snow days .If the town thinks its to bad to drive I close(paid) .Holidays and paid days off are listed (paid). I finally got over the if their home they should keep their kids with them.I still am surprized ,but some people find it hard to be home with them.I do think in parents defence children are in our care so early and have friends at such an early age they have a hard time amusing themselves. Their (children)are only home a short time each day and weekends seem to be a lot of running around (errands ect.) I now after almost 30 yrs in bussiness get three weeks paid vacation ,5 personal days and up to 12 sick days(never taken more than 2) I think if you go into this as a bussiness and charge for what you want we have to take our emotions out of it.They pay for 5 days they can use them.I know for me I just couldn't understand not wanting to spend the time with your own child.I think for a lot of providers thats why we originally started our daycares.It was important for us to be with our children and be able to make a living.Good luck
BrooklynM 02:24 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have families that have their kids here full time and have a mother at home that does not work. I don't get it, but I am getting paid. I don't care as long as they follow my rules and pay on time.
This!
dave4him 02:51 PM 01-23-2014
Everyday my friend... i ask myself that question about at least one of the parent groups everyday
Tags:parents - don't want kids
Reply Up