Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I used my backbone today and I DON'T feel bad!
melilley 10:40 AM 11-13-2013
I used my backbone and sent a child home that had a high fever from having "allergies". He was a little under the weather with a temp. and was picked up early yesterday, but was acting fine so I told them to watch him and if he is better in the morning then he could come. And he did go to the doctor after he left and that's who said he fighting off the allergies, hence the fever. (yeah, I know, next time I will get a Dr. note, I have never heard that one)
Well, low and behold, 3 1/2 hours after drop off, he had a fever, which leads me to believe he was a dope and drop.

I contacted his dcp's I was nervous at first, but then remembered what some of you have said on here and thought "I am NOT going to feel bad sending this child home. He has a fever and that is that"! And I DON'T feel bad at all!
Shell 10:50 AM 11-13-2013
Way to go!

I had one last week that I recommended see a doctor since symptoms lasted over two weeks. There were no excludable symptoms, but the child was miserable. Dcm said they were taking child to dr asap. No word from them all night, and then I get a message, "She's fine". At drop off dcm says it's her "molars". Yeah right. Poor kid is still stuffy, congested- bet she never went in for that check up!
MsLaura529 10:50 AM 11-13-2013
Good for you!!

I have never heard of a fever for "fighting off allergies" ... is that even a real thing??
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:54 AM 11-13-2013
if the allergies cause an infection, then it is an infection (sinus or ears) then they could have a temp. But generally it has to have turned into an infection.
melilley 10:55 AM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
Good for you!!

I have never heard of a fever for "fighting off allergies" ... is that even a real thing??
I don't think it is!? I thought it was strange for her to say that. This is my munchausen mom and I think she may have gotten mixed up with something else her child "has"...lol
melilley 10:59 AM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
if the allergies cause an infection, then it is an infection (sinus or ears) then they could have a temp. But generally it has to have turned into an infection.
That's what I thought. He was prescribed Clairitin and they keep calling it an antibiotic. Dcm even called and told me that they listened to his lungs (he has been coughing too, but also has asthma) and everything was clear, it was just allergies. So either they are calling it the wrong type of medication, or something else is going on.
Reply Up