Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outside Toys
Heart12 07:58 AM 11-17-2016
I dont currently have a policy on outside toys because none of my DCK have ever brought any. My rule is if you dont want to share it, then dont bring it. My troublesome family allows DCG4 to bring toys everyday. After the first week I told DCD that toys needed to be left home for the rest of the week because DCG does not want to share. DCD seemed upset at DCG & said that they would be speaking about it at home that night. The next day they show up with toys & promises to share. That day she shared. Every day since then it is has been on/off battle with these toys & Im seriously over it. Sometimes the kid shares, but most times I have to remind her & even when she does share, I have to remind her that she doesnt get to tack on conditions with it. (ie. choosing who gets to play with what etc.) Tomorrow I want to send home a notice saying that starting on Monday there will be no outside toys allowed at daycare because they are causing too many issues throughout the day. This particular family is the family that I have to CONSTANTLY remind to return paperwork, pay on time to avoid late fees, bring your child in a coat I feel like I am constantly on them about something! So in this notice I want to be as professional as possible bc honestly, when it comes to them I feel like such a nag I also have to be crystal clear with this notice because I know they will push it & try to bring other "non-toys" like coloring books etc. & I can guarantee that on Monday I will be sending DCD away with toys at drop off.

Can anyone share their outside toys policy? & help me write up a notice for parents explaining that there is a new policy? Thanks in advance! I am sooooooo thankful for this forum!
Blackcat31 08:32 AM 11-17-2016
I have what I call the "Hotel California" rule for toys from home. They can check in but they can never leave.

I've had a couple kids and parents test me.

I've gotten a couple really nice toys added to my collection for free.

(I will PM you the exact wording from my handbook)
Heart12 09:12 AM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have what I call the "Hotel California" rule for toys from home. They can check in but they can never leave.

thank you!!!
AmyKidsCo 12:59 PM 11-17-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Love it!!

Can you PM me the wording too? So far it hasn't been a problem but it never hurts to be prepared.
Reply Up