Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Wear Your Swimsuit Around The DCKs?
SunflowerMama 01:51 PM 06-06-2011
So it's already 100 here...welcome to summer in Texas. Needless to say we rarely have outside time in the afternoon that doesn't involve the sprinkler.

This summer I have all girls except twice a week for 3hrs in the morning.

The girls were begging me to put my suit on today with them to play in the sprinkler after nap. I have a one piece so it definitely keeps me well covered but I'm just wondering if anyone else ever wears their suit during water play.

Getting a little color while they enjoy the water in the summer heat sounds like a win-win but I just don't know.
sharlan 01:55 PM 06-06-2011
I don't see anything wrong with you wearing a one piece swim suit, boys or girls. Now, IF you wore a thong bikini, that would be a different story.
jen 02:01 PM 06-06-2011
I don't see anything wrong with it either! Swim on!
KEG123 02:03 PM 06-06-2011
I did the other day. Mine is a maternity tankini top, and the bottoms are "skirt" style. So I'm well covered. I just made sure to cover up at pickup, I'd feel more awkward with the parents seeing me in a suit. lol
NiNi.R. 02:08 PM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I don't see anything wrong with you wearing a one piece swim suit, boys or girls. Now, IF you wore a thong bikini, that would be a different story.

I myself wear my suit. It's also a one piece and looks more like a sundress. There have been plenty of times that I have still had it on at pick up with lack of time to change...none of my parents seemed to mind and I didn't feel awkward either considering I'm pretty covered.
MyAngels 02:14 PM 06-06-2011
God no, I don't want to give the kiddies nightmares. I don't see any reason other than that not to, though!
gkids09 02:56 PM 06-06-2011
Actually...since I don't exactly get AS wet as the kids do, sliding down the slip and slide, I found some swimming trunks at Wal-Mart last year, and wear those with a sleeveless shirt..One of the dcg asked me the other day "ARE YOU WEARING SWIMMING TRUNKS?!" like she was really amazed I didn't have on a little bikini like she was wearing. lol

I have thought about buying a one piece swimsuit to wear just at daycare, but we live on a somewhat busy street, and the chain link fence leaves nothing to the imagination of the people driving by...so I stick to my trunks. ha! The kids are DYING for me to slide down the slip and slide ONE time, so I may put my swimsuit on under my trunks this week and see how it goes!
MG&Lsmom 02:59 PM 06-06-2011
I've comtemplated buying the shorts and sport top tankini suit from Land's End for this very purpose. Unfortunately the top doesn't come big enough for me to be, um, supported, properly. I saw Athleta has a swim dress that's not frumpy and comes in my size Now to find $100 for a swim suit.
daycare 03:11 PM 06-06-2011
I dont have any suits that I would wear around my house. I don't really care what the kids would say, it's the parents should they come in. I am rather large chested, so I would just rather wear shorts and a T-shirt with a tank top under it....

Plus my husband would kill me....lol jk
Meeko 04:26 PM 06-06-2011
I would frighten the kids AND the neighbors if I wore a swimsuit...
Hunni Bee 04:31 PM 06-06-2011
I always wear mine. I don't have anything but two-pieces, but I always wear shorts over the bottoms.
QualiTcare 04:39 PM 06-06-2011
i used to work for a summer program with school aged kids and even though i didn't get paid crap it was like a dream job bc i got paid to sit by the pool and get a tan pretty much! i wore my bathing suit and the kids didn't think anything of it at all. the parents didn't think anything either. if anything, i think they liked that i was right down there with the kids incase something was happening instead of fully clothed and not wanting to get wet.
countrymom 06:06 PM 06-06-2011
I wear it only in the morning because in the afternoon its way to hot to drag the kids out, except when I take them in the pool. I have a skirt on the bottom and the tankini on top.
Michelle 06:29 PM 06-06-2011
I do, we take the kids to water parks and the pool and we have to have a bathing suit on for the slides. Sometimes I think, "jeez , I'm getting paid for this?"
melskids 02:31 AM 06-07-2011
i have a one piece, but i wear boy shorts (like swim trunks) on the bottom, only cause thats what i wear all the time, no matter wher i am. i'm kinda modest, and i wouldnt want to scare anyone with my thunder thighs anyway
laundrymom 03:25 AM 06-07-2011
Only if they find me at the campground. Lol. We don't do alot of water play here. With the ages I have now it's just hard. Mine are 4 months to 4 years only 2 are over 3. We keep it to a watertable and leave the swimming skills to the parents.
nannyde 04:46 AM 06-07-2011

NO way. I don't even own a swimsuit.

I'm casper white, have a fat arse, and the calves of a three hundred pound sumo wrestler.

I won't be wearing a suit around the kids. They see my forearms, neck, and face. That's enough to scare them as it is.
MommyMuffin 05:02 AM 06-07-2011
I dont see anything wrong with it. For me, I dont know when I would get a chance to put my suit on...with the kids following me around all day!!

Plus, I have asked parents to bring swimming suits and nobody has yet. 90 degrees here today. We will not be going outside!
KEG123 05:13 AM 06-07-2011
It's going to be mid 90s today! And I can't find my suit top!!!
PeanutsGalore 10:20 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
I've comtemplated buying the shorts and sport top tankini suit from Land's End for this very purpose. Unfortunately the top doesn't come big enough for me to be, um, supported, properly. I saw Athleta has a swim dress that's not frumpy and comes in my size Now to find $100 for a swim suit.
if you're going to pay that much for a suit...pango-pango makes custom swimwear. If you look at the site, just ignore the racy photos of half naked women and focus on the suits. I think they're marketing to pageant participants, so the models are all half-naked...anyway, the point is that they will custom cut a suit to fit your body, and they offer a wide range of sizes, so it doesn't matter if you're stick skinny with no hips or extra large with nothing but hips, those suits fit you when you put them on! The tankinis and swimdress offer really great coverage, plus they're very cute! I have the swimdress and love it.
jojosmommy 10:32 AM 06-07-2011
I have a black 1 piece suit that I wear and have a little skirt that went with another suit that I wear with it to cover these thighs! I am over halfway through my pregnancy and don't feel the least bit strange about wearing my suit around the kids. I do still work out though so I am not a big gal in the least. One of my clients is my neighbor (few houses away) and I couldn't care less. All my parts are covered well and I know the kids don't care what their provider looks like. I don't want to be bringing the kids in early b/c I am too hot.
Tags:bathing suit, swimsuit
Reply Up