Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>late arrivals
Tyna 06:22 AM 01-04-2012
How many of you have a time that everyone must arrive by?
How much of a notice do you require?

Here is my morning.... sigh... I could have slept in

parent #1 a text at 7 telling me the boy wont be here til 10 am
should have been here at 7.

parent #2 calls at 7:30 to tell me the schedule has changed and now her boy will only be here thur and fri.

parent # 3 texts at 9 stating running late (arrival should be 7:30) will get baby up feed and bring.

So all these mean everyone is off schedule both sleeping and eating which makes my day yucky

So what do you have in place to cut this down and keep it from happening?
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Tyna:
How many of you have a time that everyone must arrive by?
How much of a notice do you require?

Here is my morning.... sigh... I could have slept in

parent #1 a text at 7 telling me the boy wont be here til 10 am
should have been here at 7.

parent #2 calls at 7:30 to tell me the schedule has changed and now her boy will only be here thur and fri.

parent # 3 texts at 9 stating running late (arrival should be 7:30) will get baby up feed and bring.

So all these mean everyone is off schedule both sleeping and eating which makes my day yucky

So what do you have in place to cut this down and keep it from happening?
Without notice, I require my dcp's to arrive within 15 minutes of their scheduled times or late fees will apply. ($1.00 per minute) After 30 minutes, the late fee stops and care for the day is no longer available.

If they call and let me know the night BEFORE then, I don't care if they are late but the rate for the day does not change. They are also not allowed to stay later to make up for dropping off later.

As far as schedules changing, parents pay for the days they reserve in advance and if they choose not to attend one day, they still pay.

I think these rules serve me well because I have not had any parent do to me what yours did this morning.

Hope your day isn't off by too much....
Ariana 06:58 AM 01-04-2012
My hours are 7am - 5pm and everyone has to be here by 9am. This is written in my contract. I need 24 hour notice if children will be here later than 9am. Although it's written in my contract like this I'm not a big stickler for it. If they call me the night before or the morning of I'm ok with that usually. It doesn't happen very often though and I have parents who will call me if their kids will be even 15 minutes late so that's good. If it was happening like you're describing I'd be enforcing my rule for sure.
mismatchedsocks 07:00 AM 01-04-2012
They have contracted hours, the only thing I care about is if they are going to be early. Its ok by me if they are late, most times they will text me unless they over slept. I do not wait around for anyone however....if we have a field trip planned, or just want to go for a walk then I do it regardless who is here, but i wait until after everyones contracted hours. Up to them to figure out what to do when I am not home.
DaisyMamma 12:28 PM 01-04-2012
Well, late arrivals are tough, but you are still getting paid. It does mess up the whole day for sure.
It's much worse at the other end of the day though, when parents arrive late for pick up

I had a problem with late arrivals for before school care last year. 3 kids who were suppose to arrive between 6 and 6:15 almost never did and I was ALWAYS getting up early just for them. That on top of them being loud and roudy on arrival made me decide to completely cut the before school program.
Tags:late arrivals
Reply Up