Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DKC Serious Injury
Peaches 03:44 PM 04-06-2016
So had a dk boy fall off swing and get a serious injury today. Possible broken bone. I notified parents immediately for pickup and encouraged to take him to doc. Then contacted my liscensor. Anything else i should do?? I feel awful....
Thriftylady 03:50 PM 04-06-2016
Originally Posted by Peaches:
So had a dk boy fall off swing and get a serious injury today. Possible broken bone. I notified parents immediately for pickup and encouraged to take him to doc. Then contacted my liscensor. Anything else i should do?? I feel awful....
Write up an incident report. If possible add what the doctor said/did to treat. Have the parents sign it. Put as many details as possible on the report.
Controlled Chaos 03:50 PM 04-06-2016
Write up an incident report and have parents sign it.

NightOwl 03:50 PM 04-06-2016
Incident report. You'll need to send it to your licensor. And don't worry. Crap happens. Unless they're neurotic, the parents know it was accidental.
Peaches 04:00 PM 04-06-2016
well parents just notified me it is a brake...Should I expect licensing to pay me a visit?
Blackcat31 04:48 PM 04-06-2016
Originally Posted by Peaches:
well parents just notified me it is a brake...Should I expect licensing to pay me a visit?
Yes, you should expect a visit from licensing.

This is for centers but its always recommended that you provide this same information to your licensor as soon as possible. https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserv...c/DHS-4959-ENG

I had a DCK fall from a climber the day before his first day of Kindy. Broke his right arm.

It was an accident. No rough housing etc.. He just fell. Report filed. Parents were great. Licensing was very supportive.

It was fine.

Thriftylady 05:17 PM 04-06-2016
I agree expect a visit. Maybe take pictures of the area tomorrow to show you had proper safety under and around the equipment and such.
Tags:broken bone, broken bones, injury, reporting, reporting - injury
Reply Up