Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vent And A Question...
meli829 04:03 AM 12-10-2010
I'm soo sick of dcp's bringing their sick children and NOT following my illness policy! Honestly I'm so angry that I am considering terming this family. They are great with paying on time and with sending supplies, but when it comes to obeying the illness policy...not so much. Yes I understand their jobs are both crazy busy this time of year, but I don't care, if your child is sick, KEEP them home! Dcg was sent here Tuesday morning and as soon as she arrived I could tell she had been given Tylenol. Dcm said she's a bit sleepy this morning. Well as soon as dcg got to the play area, she fell asleep among the kids on the floor. First warning bell as this kid is usually very interactive and fights her naps. She was not eating, not playing, had glassy eyes etc..took her temp after her nap and sure enough over 101.5. I called mom and it took her 1 hour to come get her. I reminded her of the fever policy and told her she couldn't come the next day yet she still called in the morning to say she was doing better etc..and sounding like she wanted her to come. I knew for sure the next day (24hours later) dcg would be here because god forbid they miss any work. Sure enough she was, with a very runny nose, and still not eating much. Fever was gone so I couldn't say anything. Well this morning, dcd brings her and says she VOMITED last night! My husband was there to get her so he didn't say anything, but dcd told him to call if she wasn't feeling well! I'm soo mad!

Anyway, now for the question....What are all of your policies regarding vomiting?
BentleysBands 04:09 AM 12-10-2010
if he admittingly said she vomited last night, i would call and tell them come get her! vomiting is NOT something i will deal with , that or diarhea!!
i deal w/fevers , and allow the kids to lay down on the couch. i txt parents and let them know, they normally come get but i dont require it unless i feel they truly need t osee a doctor. but vom/diah r grounds to go home asap!
DanceMom 04:58 AM 12-10-2010
Vomitting - cannot return for a full 24 hours after the last occurence. Same with diarrhea.

I would be insanely mad and maybe put her on a "probation" if she brings her child sick again she will be terminated immediately.
jen 05:38 AM 12-10-2010
I would call them and make them pick her up, hand them a copy of the illness policy, and a note outlining the consequences of future transgresssions.
Unregistered 06:14 AM 12-10-2010
Originally Posted by DanceMom:
Vomitting - cannot return for a full 24 hours after the last occurence. Same with diarrhea.

I would be insanely mad and maybe put her on a "probation" if she brings her child sick again she will be terminated immediately.
Same here - 24 hours. I'd also let your husband know that if he's there when a kid arrives and is obviously sick, he needs to explain your illness policy and tell the parents they need to find alternative care. I've only had to do this once and the parent wasn't happy but since other families were arriving at the same time, they all got the same message. It worked well for me and I haven't had a problem since. (Knock on wood!)
Reply Up