Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Celebrity Kids
Unregistered 01:01 PM 08-10-2016
Would you accept a celebrity child in your program? It makes me nervous, because I am afraid they will think they "deserve" more than other families and be too picky/complains etc... because well they are rich! and even if I have an insurance, imagine if they sue for the smallest thing...

But they seems nice, down to earth and they are choosing a small family daycare.

Any of you had a famous family before?
Play Care 01:59 PM 08-10-2016
If they were a good fit, I'd sign them on.
That said, I would think if someone were really famous they would rather have a nanny at home for safety and privacy reasons.
Baby Beluga 02:04 PM 08-10-2016
I used to work in a center, we had the children of two NFL players enrolled with us. They were treated and acted like any other family who was enrolled.

Now that I am on my own vs in a center I would have no problem enrolling a celebrity family as long as they met the same criteria as any other client/potential client.
childcaremom 02:21 PM 08-10-2016
If their child is a good napper, I would sign them on in a heartbeat.

In all seriousness, if they were a good fit in all ways then yes I would do it. Just as any other client.
Leigh 02:28 PM 08-10-2016
I don't have celebrity clients, but I have some clients who have high profiles locally. I find those clients to be the easiest to deal with, honestly. Maybe it's because they're happy in their careers, maybe it's because they have more flexible jobs (that allows them to spend more time with their kids and to care for them when they're ill-not trying to sneak them into daycare). I don't know. But, they are the most respectful and the ones I get along with best.
daycarediva 03:12 PM 08-10-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I don't have celebrity clients, but I have some clients who have high profiles locally. I find those clients to be the easiest to deal with, honestly. Maybe it's because they're happy in their careers, maybe it's because they have more flexible jobs (that allows them to spend more time with their kids and to care for them when they're ill-not trying to sneak them into daycare). I don't know. But, they are the most respectful and the ones I get along with best.
THIS! I have had a few of my clients be well known/locally famous. All were fantastic clients (and were REALLY great for business referrals.)
nannyde 04:03 PM 08-10-2016
Sure. As long as they pay and behave
e.j. 06:09 PM 08-10-2016
For me, it would depend on who it was and how much disruption their presence might cause me and the other kids and families. If it were someone super famous and I had to expect paparazzi hanging around the house, trying to get pictures of them and their kids as they come and go or play in the yard, I'd probably pass. If that wasn't an issue and they expected to be treated like any other family in my care, I'd give them the same consideration I would give anyone else.

I know you can't say who it is but I have to admit I'm very curious!
Unregistered 12:40 PM 08-16-2016
No. Funny enough, the one celeb kid I had when I worked in hs was the "jump off" of a rapper. I didn't know who any of these people were. Suffice it to say, the father didn't pay child support and they were getting state help. Never met the celebs, but mom wanted special treatment. Not to be cruel, but I would see how she ended up as a single mom with her attitude and behaviors. Didn't follow rules at all. The grandmother was just immature, but the one who did most of the drop off/pick ups, because her daughter was famous. The other parents were very impressed by this.
Reply Up