Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Shaving Cream Art Question
kitkat 02:30 PM 10-24-2012
We made ghosts today using shaving cream. I've never done any type of shaving cream project before. I think I'm missing something but don't know what, and now I'm feeling kind of dumb

How long does it take them to dry? Are you suppose to do anything special with them like take off most of the shaving cream? Do you have to add glue? We did the ghosts about 6 hours ago and they are still not dry. We only had gel shaving cream at home, so would that cause it to take forever to dry? It seems like it should be a basic project, but I really feel like I messed it up some how!
daycare 02:32 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by kitkat:
We made ghosts today using shaving cream. I've never done any type of shaving cream project before. I think I'm missing something but don't know what, and now I'm feeling kind of dumb

How long does it take them to dry? Are you suppose to do anything special with them like take off most of the shaving cream? Do you have to add glue? We did the ghosts about 6 hours ago and they are still not dry. We only had gel shaving cream at home, so would that cause it to take forever to dry? It seems like it should be a basic project, but I really feel like I messed it up some how!
in order for it to set you need to add glue...I am not too sure what will happen with it if you dont put glue in it.... It usually takes a few hours to dry....
lovemykidstoo 04:30 PM 10-24-2012
I've wondered this about this project too. How much glue do you need to use?
daycare 05:10 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I've wondered this about this project too. How much glue do you need to use?
depends on what you are going for....I added equal parts of glue to cream. I also added food coloring to mine or paint
lovemykidstoo 05:43 PM 10-24-2012
I've never done the project at all before. What different looks are there?
HappyHearts 05:53 PM 10-24-2012
We did ours the same way it is done in this link. They came out really cute!
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2...ids-craft.html
MizzCheryl 06:31 PM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by HappyHearts:
We did ours the same way it is done in this link. They came out really cute!
http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2...ids-craft.html
Thanks for the link. We are doing this! Love it.
MNMum 07:59 PM 10-28-2012
I had my own kids do a practice run tonight of this project and they had a blast - even my 10 year old!
daycarediva 04:58 AM 10-29-2012
We are doing this today. I just cut out the ghosts and mouth shapes. Thanks for the idea!
kendallina 05:05 AM 10-29-2012
If you do just use shaving cream with paint in it (looks really cool if there are a few colors) then you can just let it dry for a couple of hours and scrap off the shaving cream, leaves kind of a marbelized look. Usually when I do this, I just have the kiddos play in shaving cream/paint and then before the colors mix too much (and become brown!) I just put a sheet of paper on the top of the shaving cream and make a print on the paper.

I've never tried it with the glue, I'll have to try that!
Reply Up