Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling so Bad But Should I?
Breezy 08:36 AM 09-07-2012
Just wondering if I should be feeling horrible that my Ds got DCB 8 months sick. It's just a cold but DS was miserable. DCM knew he was sick and brough him anyhow because she had no choice and I brought him home on Wednesday around 12:40 to her roommate and he has been home since because grandma came to visit.

Kids get sick! I feel just terrible. Do you feel this bad when your children get others sick?
Lilbutterflie 08:41 AM 09-07-2012
With just colds- No Ma'am. I don't feel bad. It's inevitable that they will get colds while in any childcare situation, probably multiple!! If they don't get it from you or your children, they will pick it up from one of the other kids or somewhere else!

When my kids are sick with something other than a cold, along the guidelines of my own handbook, I always let the parents know ahead of time. Depending on what it is, I will either close the daycare or sometimes I will give them the choice to watch their children or reimburse if they decide to keep them home.
Blackcat31 08:50 AM 09-07-2012
Nope. How do you know that your child got this kid sick? Just because your DS is sick doesn't mean DCB got the bug/virus from your DS...could have gotten it from Walmart or from his mom or from the grocery store or the doctor's office or from his dad or from the roomate, who might have got it from their work who might have got it from their co-worker who has a Kindergardener who is sick who got it from their classmate who got it from their Boys Scout troop leader who got it from Aunt Sally who was visiting from Iowa.......

See where I am going with this?

People get sick and where the actual bug/virus came from can't always be tracked to a specific source. Some people are carriers and others are sufferers, all we can do is limit exposure to lessen the spread....doesn't mean we stopped the spreading, and since this DCM brought her DS knowing your DS was sick, it only added to the possibility of him getting sick, doesnt mean he got it specifically from your child.

So NO, you shouldn't feel guilty.
MyAngels 09:08 AM 09-07-2012
Look on the bright side - you're helping him develop a healthy immune system .

No, I would not (and did not) feel guilty over something like this.
MizzCheryl 09:30 AM 09-07-2012
Wait till the DCKs get your son sick for the umpteenth time. Then remember the time you felt bad.
It happens. They will bring in alot more sickness that you son will expose them to.
Reply Up