Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can We Keep The Kids But Get Rid Of The Parents?
pfund2233 08:34 AM 10-25-2011
I sent a note home at the end of September stating I would be taking 2 days off in November. Thursday, November, 11th and Monday November 14th. I have 1 DCP whom always waits until the last min to find alternate care no matter how much advance notice I give. Last night I was with my sister at Wal-Mart and we seen this DCP and DCB (my sister is coworkers/friends with this parent) and we said "Hi". Well DCP starts to complain to my sister and I about me taking these 2 days off and how she can't find trust able alternative care and she can't take off... blah... blah... blah. Then she proceeds with "Well, looks like you will just have to take him. He don't mind appointments!" How rude!!! My sister pipes up and proceeds with a "OH NO!!! We are going to Chicago that weekend. You have to find alt care!" I thought this was very rude and inconsiderate!!

Then I have another DCM who ALWAYS stays for 30min at drop off AND brings her son with food for breakfast! This annoyed the crap outta me! I have 2 other kids his age who don't understand why they don't get to eat. I have told her time and time again to please not bring food from home. Her replay is "Well he just woke up. He needs breakfast!" I have told her to wake him earlier so he can eat at home and everything!

WHY CAN'T THEY GET STUFF THREW THEIR SKULLS!!!!!! Thanks for the vent!!
2ndFamilyDC 08:50 AM 10-25-2011
well it is not your problem she cannot find alternate care. Your giving her plenty of notice. I feel your pain having to deal with a dcm like that.

I have never had any parent treat me like that so not sure what I would say if it happened to me. But I surely would not bend for her, she has plenty of time to find someone for those days.
cheerfuldom 09:19 AM 10-25-2011
make the one mom find alternate care.

do not allow the "early" child to enter your home till its time. Have a trash can by the door and any unfinished breakfast goes right into the trash in front of mom every day. that should solve that problem
awestbrook713 09:24 AM 10-25-2011
I was just thinking this, I would have a lot less problems if the parents weren't so difficult. I can work with a child and get them to understand most of the time right from wrong but parents just don't get it.
Cat Herder 09:26 AM 10-25-2011
I have considered opening a "Boarding Daycare" many times....
cheerfuldom 09:28 AM 10-25-2011
Cath, it sounds like that is what some of the providers are basically doing anyway. Might as well let the kids sleep over the night since some providers are already providing 3 meals a day and such. I saw one CL ad just last week that advertised to give your kids baths during daycare hours
nannyde 09:53 AM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I have considered opening a "Boarding Daycare" many times....

mismatchedsocks 09:55 AM 10-25-2011
I want a conveyer belt from the street to the door. Just pop your kid on it and go away.

Most of my parents are great, but it still would make it easier!

Then at end of day line them all up on belt, and send them out. LOL.
karen 11:27 AM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I want a conveyer belt from the street to the door. Just pop your kid on it and go away.

What an awesome idea!!!!!!
WImom 12:18 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:

Love this!!

Yeah I agree, it's mom's problem to find care.

Luckily so far parents have listened to my rules with a gentle reminder once in a while.
mismatchedsocks 12:21 PM 10-25-2011
Or, a drive thru window.
Tags:days off, enforcing policies - consistency, provider - burnout risk, vent, venting
Reply Up