Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Using MM AND Tom Copeland's Tax Workbook & Organizer: MM adds T/S% to Expenses :/
M&Mgal 04:40 PM 05-04-2015
I use Minute Menu and just got Tom Copeland's Tax Workbook & Organizer. In the business expenses section, you are supposed to enter how much you spent before applying the T/S% but Minute Menu's expense report only shows the total amounts after applying the T/S%. Is there anyway to get MM to not apply it or do I have to add the expenses up by hand to get totals?
AmyKidsCo 06:29 PM 05-04-2015
Does it have you apply the T/S to the total later?
Unregistered 07:01 AM 05-05-2015
Yes it does AmyKidsCo
TomCopeland 08:22 AM 05-05-2015
Originally Posted by M&Mgal:
I use Minute Menu and just got Tom Copeland's Tax Workbook & Organizer. In the business expenses section, you are supposed to enter how much you spent before applying the T/S% but Minute Menu's expense report only shows the total amounts after applying the T/S%. Is there anyway to get MM to not apply it or do I have to add the expenses up by hand to get totals?
In the Schedule C Detailed Expenses Report and the Form 8829 Detailed Expenses report it shows each expense before and after the time-space % is applied. In the updated version of MM that will come out next year it will do what you want it to do.
M&Mgal 08:48 AM 05-05-2015
Ugh, ok thanks Tom. More work to do... guess I shouldn't be complaining, since the book & Minute Menu do make it easier than it would be without them
AmyKidsCo 12:16 PM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes it does AmyKidsCo
If it has you apply the T/S later then it shouldn't make a difference. Just skip the step where you apply the T/S because it's already applied.
M&Mgal 05:16 PM 05-07-2015
Good idea Amy! I can do that for the business expenses, so it will save some time/work. Unfortunately, can't do that for the home expenses. Sure wish there was some way to "turn off" the T/S% from being applied to everything automatically. Can't wait for the updated version of MM!
Tags:time space percentage
Reply Up