Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Clarification on Hours Open
lilcupcakes09 10:31 AM 03-11-2016
For my T/S%.....
Do I have to use the hours that kids were present, or can I use the actual hours I was open? I'm asking this because some mornings, people are moving slow, I'm up and open at 630am waiting, but none show up until 7am. Am I entitled to count those hours?? Or some Friday's, I may only have before & after, but no kids during the day, however I'm still open waiting for the school agers to get home.
Thriftylady 01:30 PM 03-11-2016
It is my understanding that we can use only when children are actually IN care. But if you are cleaning, doing paperwork or whatever for daycare during that time, count it!
MarinaVanessa 02:08 PM 03-11-2016
You count the time the kids were in care. You can count the time that you are up and doing things for the daycare if no daycare kids present but you should really keep a log of these hours. Even a simple agenda does the trick for you to write these down. Things like meal prepping, activity planning, cleaning toys, cleaning the daycare space etc.
MissAnn 02:42 PM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
You count the time the kids were in care. You can count the time that you are up and doing things for the daycare if no daycare kids present but you should really keep a log of these hours. Even a simple agenda does the trick for you to write these down. Things like meal prepping, activity planning, cleaning toys, cleaning the daycare space etc.
I usually sit on the couch with a cup of coffee and get on here and Pinterest until first kid arrives. Love that time of day.
TomCopeland 03:28 PM 03-11-2016
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
For my T/S%.....
Do I have to use the hours that kids were present, or can I use the actual hours I was open? I'm asking this because some mornings, people are moving slow, I'm up and open at 630am waiting, but none show up until 7am. Am I entitled to count those hours?? Or some Friday's, I may only have before & after, but no kids during the day, however I'm still open waiting for the school agers to get home.
You can't count hours simple because you are open. You can count hours when children are present or when you are doing some daycare activity in your home when children are not present. So, at 6:30am if you are cleaning or preparing activities or some other business activity, then you can count the half hour until 7am when the kids arrive. If you are watching tv or only doing personal activities during that time, you can't count the half hour.
Tags:deduction - hours, hours of operation, time space percentage, tom copeland
Reply Up