Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Figuring Out Space
jenboo 09:34 AM 03-26-2016
Hi!
I can't remember what areas of the house we can count in our time/space %. Do halways count? Garages?
My computer desk is in my bedroom, I'm assuming I don't count the master bath?

Thanks.
Thriftylady 10:09 AM 03-26-2016
For your actual house measurement, count everything including the garage. Then any room you have that is used for daycare and something else, count in your T/S, if it is regularly used for daycare. So do you store extra daycare stuff in your garage? Count it. Do you use the computer in your bedroom for daycare stuff at least two or three times a week? If so count it. The master bath depends. Do the daycare kids use it at all? If not do you store things they use in there such as paper towels or extra TP?
jenboo 12:48 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
For your actual house measurement, count everything including the garage. Then any room you have that is used for daycare and something else, count in your T/S, if it is regularly used for daycare. So do you store extra daycare stuff in your garage? Count it. Do you use the computer in your bedroom for daycare stuff at least two or three times a week? If so count it. The master bath depends. Do the daycare kids use it at all? If not do you store things they use in there such as paper towels or extra TP?
ooo i might have to toss some extra toilet paper in there so that I can count it. They kids do not have access to my bedroom/bathroom but my bedroom us definitely regularly used.
So is it normal for your entire sq footage and garage to be used?
TomCopeland 02:55 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
ooo i might have to toss some extra toilet paper in there so that I can count it. They kids do not have access to my bedroom/bathroom but my bedroom us definitely regularly used.
Most providers use their garage on a regular basis for their business (garbage can, recycling, yard tools, bicycles, etc.). Putting some extra toilet paper in a bathroom doesn't make it a regular use room for your business. Storing a lot of day care stuff would.
Thriftylady 05:00 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I think it is somewhat normal. I know that my house is small so the whole thing is used. My "master bath" is the small bathroom with only a shower. But the daycare kids use that one also. My kids who are here overnight or late evening shower in my master bath. Had two shower in there just the other day!
jenboo 07:21 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Most providers use their garage on a regular basis for their business (garbage can, recycling, yard tools, bicycles, etc.). Putting some extra toilet paper in a bathroom doesn't make it a regular use room for your business. Storing a lot of day care stuff would.
figured it was a stretch

i think i can count everything except the master bath
Tags:time space percentage, time space percentage - limits
Reply Up